We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sick in Las Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
350 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sick in Las Vegas

Has anyone ever gotten sick while on your Vegas vacation?

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

I usually end up with 'bottle flu'. Sucks to be sick.

Cincy
Level Contributor
498 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

Hubby missed the whole trip one time. He started feeling sick in the airport leaving home and really didn't feel better till after we got home. It was a long flight there for him. We think it was rotavirus? I just mostly played at Caesars. Was kinda like a solo trip for me.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

In November, on my 30th birthday, hours before our 7 course tasting menu at alize' my sneezes and runny nose turned from allergies to "I have a cold". I tried not to let it ruin my birthday. My bf was amazing. We had a great time although I wish I could have tasted more of the delicious food. I sneezed hard last night and have been sucking down vitamin c ever since. I know vegas means no rest and the only thing that makes me feel better is sleep. about 36 hours until we are in vegas again!

Edited: 24 May 2014, 03:03
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

Yes. I got sick on the loooooongggg flight from London and spent 95% of my time on my first trip to Vegas between the bathroom to vomit and the Harmon St Medical Centre. They managed to get me better for my onward destinations but sadly I pretty much missed Vegas. Ah well it was a good excuse to book another trip a few months later!

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
541 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

I had a 6 night trip in August of 2013 and on day 3 I ended up with a brutal case of food poisoning. It was so bad I spent 36 hours in bed and puking up blood. Did not feel well again until a few days after getting home. I had all kinds of meals planned but couldn't eat a proper meal until the 2nd day home and with all of the time spent stuck in my room I felt like I lost a good chunk of my once a year vacation. Looking forward to this year's August trip as a "do-over".

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
541 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

Oh yes, and on my first trip as an adult when I was there because my daughter was in the world hip hop championships (long trip...9 nights) I caught one of the worst colds I've ever caught...both head and chest cold that lasted half the trip. And the following year, on my first ever solo trip anywhere, there was a mumps outbreak in my town in the weeks before I left. I didn't feel sick when I was there, and had had mumps as a kid so didn't think I'd get it) but I was super tired and kept going to bed much earlier than I thought I would. Figured I was just scared as it was my first solo trip in my life. 2 days after getting home, I got full blown mumps and knew then why I was so tired as it lurks for up to 10 days.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

On the 6th day of a 7 day trip my wife ended up in the hospital for 15 days.We then got her transfered to a hospital back home in California.Not a fun experience,not to mention costly.Her health was not doing all that good before we left,but the Dr's said she would be fine.WRONG!!!

ellesmere port
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

I always get nose bleeds when visiting vegas

ellesmere port
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

I always get nose bleeds when visiting vegas

Connecticut
Level Contributor
805 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sick in Las Vegas

Never fails. I always catch a cold right before I go. You'll know me by all the sneezing and coughing I'm doing by the Hideout pool at The GN.

Edited: 24 May 2014, 20:55