We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
El Paso
Level Contributor
73 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

Hi Forum, I'll be traveling to Las Vegas May 27- May 30. I normally stay at Main Street Station downtown or Luxxor/Trop. This time I have a three day comp at Venetian. I'll definitely spend a day or 1/2 day south strip at MGM / Luxxor / Excalibur and a day downtown on Freemont gambling, eating, and possibly going to a show or dining at Binnions Steak/Vic Anthony's for example without being able to go back and change. I'll also have a day to hang around mid strip and I'm excited to try the more casual restaurants at Venetian, Belagio, Aria, Cosmo, Cesars. On the high end day I'll be wearing nice slacks or jeans and a polo (its going to be 100 all three days) and new asics running shoes. Given distances its not practical to play poker/roulette in the morning at Belagio then go back to the room change and come back for lunch. I'd rather just be dressed for all ocasions. Will this work as i'll be walking long distances and be away from the room. I'm hoping the wear comfortable shoes mantra will offset the normal dress/casual shoe requirement at this mid strip locations. Id rather wear shorts exclusively but the stated dress code at these nice places at Venetian/Cosmo/Belagio is "dress casual" The good news is extensive research has shown that Venetian/Palazzo and fashion show mall have some great restaurants all with casual dress designation so there wont be to much...enjoying life in shorts and t-shirt at tables and on tours but have to rush back to the room for the slacks and polo before I eat or attend a show.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
749 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

There are very few places where shorts, sneakers and a polo shirt would not be allowed, especially if you are sitting at the bar. I often wore shorts with a short sleeve button down shirt both out during the day and to a casual dinner at night.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,939 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

Where whatever makes you comfortable----especially when it comes to shoes. It doesn't appear you are going anywhere that you will be out of place.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

You can definitely wear nice shorts and shirt with no problems at all. You will be more comfortable and definitely cooler dressed that way rather than in pants.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

Just came back a week ago from Vegas with my husband and he packed several pairs of slacks of which he wore none. Everyone is so relaxed about what they are wearing that you will fit in however you dress. I would only ask him to wear slacks for a top end restaurant and we dined mainly at buffets which don't call for dress up

A C
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

I've always gotten by just fine with shorts, flip flops, and a short sleeved button down.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
542 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

No business in LV gives a cr*p what anybody wears with the possible exception of a few clubs. Even there, $$$ talks louder than the clothes.

El Paso
Level Contributor
73 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

Thanks everybody for the reassurance! Its going to be a great trip!

8. Re: Travling alone and bringing one pair of shoes-walking shoes.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:16