We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you do Vegas on crutches

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Can you do Vegas on crutches

It's supposed to be our third visit for our ten year wedding anniversary and I have only gone and torn the ligaments in my left knee. I'm on crutches and we are due to travel 20 June. I'm in a lot of pain which is being helped with medication I and am quite the mover with my crutches. My question is is it doable or too much walking. We are only going to be sunbathing, gambling and eating as we have seen most of the sights before. Anyone else done Vegas on crutches.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,703 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

Well sure it is if you can deal with the pain and difficulty in walking.

"My question is is it doable or too much walking?" Sure its doable, depends on how much walking you intend to do. See people all the time on crutches. Or maybe look at renting a wheelchair or scooter.

I'm not sure how you really expect anyone here to know what you can do.

Good luck.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

I don't see crutches as an issue. There are elevator / escalator everywhere...

If you ever get tired, just ask the concierge deck for a mobility / electric scooter.

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

I would get a wheelchair or mobility scooter while there...yes, there is a LOT of walking no matter where you go, even if you cab it everywhere, there is still a lot of walking inside the property you are visiting. Make your trip as comfortable and enjoyable as you can, dont over-do it on crutches, move about on wheels.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

I haven't done crutches, but I have done Vegas only a couple of weeks after surgery. We stayed fairly close to our home hotel and took lots of rest breaks, managed fine. I'd be more concerned about the long flight than Vegas itself, as you can get by with very little walking if you're happy just to hang out at/near your hotel. But being cooped up in an airline seat with a bad knee for 10+ hours sounds like potential torture.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,703 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

Tami - it's their third visit so why ask us how much walking is involved?

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

Oh I guess I missed that part placebets lol.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

No ...... it can't be done on crutches.

But, you did say you've been to Vegas before. So, I'm going to assume you remember that everyone of the hotels on the Strip is HUGE. The distance from your room to the pool, or any of the restaurants could be substantial.

Now, lets discuss how miserable a trans Atlantic flight will be with a damaged knee, unless you are able to swing Business Class.

I would wait until your knee is better.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

PLTAG thank you for your lovely post and everyone else. We have had this holiday booked for over a year and I really didn't want to move it with it being a special anniversary but you have just summed up the truth. As much as we love Vegas it's all about the walking.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

I think crutches would be tough. I've done it with mobility problems, but it hurts me to walk on crutches anyway. Long hallways, long walks to the pool, long walks to restaurants. It's not going to be fun, especially if you have pain. Even sitting by the pool is not going to be fun with restricted mobility. If it was a quick trip, I'd say, give it a try, but a long trip back and forth, plus a lengthy stay, and I think your money is better spent by a delay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you do Vegas on crutches

You could try buying a bus pass, just means that you will have to do things differently this holiday. Don't let it spoil your fun, I saw people in Las Vegas in their 80's getting about lol. Take it easy and you will be fine