We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools in late October

Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pools in late October

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could tell me if the pools close in Vegas for fall and winter? We will be in Vegas the 24-29 oct and I have heard that the pools close around that time of year??

Thanks!

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pools in late October

The dates will vary by hotel, but that seems to be the general time frame for closing Vegas pools. There are a couple places that run a heated pool in winter. Best to check with your hotel directly or check their website.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
784 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pools in late October

The rio had a heated pool open last October when we were their but I think as above has said each hotel has their own schedule.

Level Contributor
32 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pools in late October

Most tend to keep at least 1 pool open all year. They may close it on a day to day basis depending on the weather (rain- high winds etc) but i have been all times of year and never had a problem being able to sit by the pool or use the hot tub in fine weather. You may find there are no attendants and the bar is closed (as I found at the Orleans) but towels were still available and no problems getting drinks from inside and bringing them out. Just e-mail the spa of where you want to go, they will tell you their policy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pools in late October

What hotels are you considering? Since pool access is restricted to hotel guests, where you're staying is extremely important before accurate advice can be given. As an example, there's no point telling you that Aria is open year round (which I believe it is) when you're interested at staying at MGM specifically to use the lazy river, which will be closed by then.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pools in late October

I was there Halloween last year and we spent a day outside by the pool drinking cocktails although it was too cold to get in the water. We did get in the hot tub though. We stayed at Aria.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pools in late October

We stayed at Paris last November 8th weekend and I used the pool everyday! The weather was perfect and I did go in the pool. Every year's different, but their pool and bar was open.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pools in late October

The bigger pool complexes will have some of their pools closed by then, but still have some in use. If you let us know which particular hotels we can give accurate replies.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pools in late October

Will the pool at the Luxor be open in October

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pools in late October

And what about Encore/Wynn?

(arrive Nov. 2nd & have never tried this property in cooler months, curious.)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pools in late October

The main pool at Wynn is open and staffed year around. In the past the pool at Luxor has been open through October.