We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November in Vegas

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
November in Vegas

For those of you that like to go in November, please tell me what you like about it. Particularly Thanksgiving week. I am looking forward to going with my parents the week of November and I am interested in what people think.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November in Vegas

Turkey. Lots of turkey. And the chance to watch Canadians shivering at the pool while they pretend it's summer. These are a few of my favorite things.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 01:39
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November in Vegas

The weather!!! Not hot, not cold

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: November in Vegas

Ive spent many a cold night in late November.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November in Vegas

I take my final Vegas trip each year the week following Thanksgiving. Usually a solo trip at whatever M-life property sends me the best offer. Occupancy has always seemed to be low that week; I can't recall having to stand in line for anything in the past few years.

I have also had the best luck in getting complimentary upgrades at check in during this time more than any other time throughout the year which could be due to low occupancy or just blind luck, not sure.

The weather that time of the year is hit or miss, I've seen it very mild, almost picture perfect with warm days and cool pleasant nights and have also seen it cold and windy. November is not pool season so I just take the weather as it comes as this trip is generally an all gambling trip for me.

Just check the weather forecast a couple days before you go to know how to pack., another plus is that most resorts have their holiday decorations up by then which is always kind of cool to see.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November in Vegas

Yes, weather is certainly nicer than it is at home for us, and probably for you too. As mentioned in a different post, we go the weekend after Thanksgiving for about a week. We find that it is not too busy and the crowds are hot huge, we get get out of town before the cowboys arrive for the rodeo. Because it is a little slower at the time we go the hotel rates are usually pretty decent.

Right now we are watching rates and if they don't come down ALOT, we won't be going this year during that time. From the looks of one of the airlines we use, we would most likely go on Saturday after Thanksgiving and come home on Friday. Even if we don't go I am going to call and book rooms so that we can continue to watch for the best rates.

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
751 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November in Vegas

I love going to Vegas in late November.

The weather is nice and cool, Bellagio Conservatory is decorated for the holidays, and everyone is in a good mood....

Lakewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: November in Vegas

When I was there this past November, it was high 50s every day. Not amazing weather but wayyy better then Cleveland.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: November in Vegas

It's a great time for mountain biking, ATV riding and horseback riding. Maybe skiing or snowboarding?

9. Re: November in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:15