We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian restraunt recommendations

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Indian restraunt recommendations

Hi all I'm flying out to Vegas on Sunday for 10 nights staying at Harrah's and wouldn't like to miss out on my weekly curry fix can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant. Thanks in advance

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,761 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

Have curry 2 times the week before you leave home, and 2 times again when you get back. That's my best advice. :)

Honestly, the Indian restaurants in Las Vegas are nothing like what you're used to and you're likely to be disappointed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

I agree with IrishFan that there's nothing amazing about these, but we've had good meals (not awe-inspiring, but good) at Origin India (south strip; there's 10% off coupon in the free magazines you get in cabs and such) and better meals at the indian place at the Rio -- though that was a couple of years ago and I've heard they changed management.

There's a free shuttle from Harrahs to the Rio so that might be convenient for you.

Scotland
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

I eat Indian at least once a week. The best I tasted in Vegas was in the food court at the Riveria. Don't know if it is still open.

Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

Hmm might go with Irishfan's suggestion I hate mediocre curry's

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

In two past visits to Vegas I've never found a decent Indian restaurant. Even ones that scored highly on Trip Advisor were nothing like as good as the curry houses in UK. If you do find one, let me know. I'm heading back to LV in June, and I just know I'll be craving a chicken madras within days. Decent Mexican food can help keep the chilli cravings at bay, so that could be your best option.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

Never, ever had anywhere near a decent curry in Vegas. After many attempts following recommendations on here, I've given up looking.

Love the idea of 2 before & 2 after. Right up my street!

Cheers

Davy !!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

I heard Mint Indian Bistro on E Flamingo road is good. I've bought a restaurant.com voucher for one across from Hard Rock, and another up just East of Wynn resort. Not sure what they'll be like.

For the record, Indian food in India isn't to the standard of what I get in my local takaway IMHO but I realise that's a matter of local taste, so I think what you get in the US isn't going to be that much like UK Indian food. Same goes for American Chinese food....and I have had Chinese food in Australia which again is completely different! I have a local takeaway for Indian and Chinese which I really like, and even other local ones don't match up, so it's very much a matter of what you are used to.

Hope you find something you like. :)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

MOzen at Mandarin Oriental has some Indian dishes. You might want to check out the menu.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

This is like me asking where I can find some great tacos al pastor in the UK. It's just not going to happen.

Try some of the local fare, you might like it.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian restraunt recommendations

There are great Indian restaurants in the US but they are found in locations where there has been an Indian community for a couple of generations. Las Vegas doesn't fall into that category.

Anybody used to the great Indian food found in the UK will almost certainly be disappointed by anything they find in LV.