We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
578 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Hi, should I be booking tickets through www.lasvegas.com for the cirque du soleil show, or any other shows,or are there any other sights I can look into.

Thank you

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Is there any reason that you don't book them direct from Cirque's own site?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

The "aggregator" sites like www.lasvegas.com all simply pass a discount code through to the corresponding Ticketmaster page. There's nothing special about them. Others include www.smartervegas.com http://www.goldstar.com etc.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Look at different sites, including smartervegas.com, vegas.com, cirquedusoleil.com for all the possible reduction on prices.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
578 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Thank you, I will also check the sites mentioned.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

You should check out TravelZoo as well!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
578 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Thanks DKF will do!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Las Vegas is now synonymous with world-class entertainment and Cirque du Soleil sits at the top. Since Steve Wynn originally invited the renowned French-Canadian troupe to establish a permanent residency at Treasure Island, they have added seven additional shows for a roster of eight options.

In our opinion ‘O’ at the Bellagio and ‘Love’ at the Mirage are the two stand-out productions with Ka and Mystere as the next best alternative options.

‘O’ is really hard to describe; it’s beautiful, funny and spectacular; at once dream-like, while at the same time, thrilling and a technical tour de force. Featuring a stage that can instantly sink to reveal an enormous water tank; one minute the various world-class artists can be cavorting across the stage, the next minute they are swimming in, or diving into a lake! Everything about this show is top-drawer, the costumes, the music, the theme and the unbelievable acrobatics. ‘O’ doesn’t come cheap, it’s always been pretty much the most expensive show in Vegas, but take our word for it, it’s worth every penny. Access the Bellagio’s website ‘O’ section for an interactive seating plan that will give you a good idea of the view from any area. Ticket prices for the very best seats in the house, section 103, are available at an even higher premium. Don’t be put off by the price though; it’s one of the most extraordinary spectacles you’ll ever see. Most seats in the lower or upper orchestra sections are excellent just don’t option for the first 3 or 4 rows in the lower orchestra (you may get wet) or for the far flanks (you’ll lose the sense of enclosure); we’d opt for higher in 104, 102 or central in 203. Balcony seats will allow you a good view and lessen the financial impact if your budget is tight.

Before George Harrison’s death, he and his good friend, Cirque du Soleil founder - Guy Laliberte, had begun the early stages of a collaboration that was to eventually lead to the creation of ‘Love’, a show inspired by the music and imagery of the Beatles. After Harrison passed-away, the remaining Beatles Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and Yoko Ono, lent their approval while demanding meticulous attention to detail, Cirque created an amazing exploration of the life and times of the Fab Four that goes way beyond a simple chronology. Beatles producer Sir George Martin specially remixed the Music from original master recordings and every seat has a bank of in-built speakers to compliment and enhance the musical experience. Artists have been drawn from across the globe to provide a stunning accompaniment to the music and the amazing visuals. Check out the seating chart for ‘Love’ at the Mirage website. Though there’s hardly a bad seat in the house, the absolute best seats are the blue circle (that’s the back row) in 201,200 or 202 and their mirror opposite 207, 209 or 208. They are cheaper than any others in those sections so represent the very best value – the gold circle seats located about eight rows further forward are nearly twice the price and don’t offer any better view or experience of the spectacle.

Your best bet, for any Cirque show, is to book in advance by phoning your order through by credit card and asking specifically for seats by location as the web sites just allocate seats sequentially so you won’t get the best-pick. US venues describe these tickets as: ‘Will Call’ - tickets that can then be collected before the performance – don’t leave it too late, we recommend collecting a few days prior to your show. Take your credit card and a photo ID, Just go to the box office of any of the eight Cirque Du Soleil venues in the city to have them print your tickets. Both ‘O’ & ‘Love’ have two nightly shows, five nights a week, and you should check the web sites for special offers and dates for reduced price performances as well as any 'dark' dates when the theatre is closed. In our opinion, you absolutely shouldn’t go to Vegas without sampling one or both of these two extraordinary shows. If you are undecided and haven't booked in advance then you can sometimes land on lucky seats by visiting the box office when you arrive, but, to give yourself the best chance of snagging tickets, give yourself a few days grace. There’s also the opportunity to join the stand-by line just before a performance and get access to cancellations, tickets returned by restaurants or unused ‘comps’ usually held-back for special guests of the hotel, VIPs or big spenders – often amongst the very best seats in the house.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
578 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Thank you so much "lasvegasnigel" for providing me with precise seating arrangements. I will probably book the seats you mention... Can you tell me for section 201 and 205 upper orchestra, these ones are 30$ cheaper per ticket and I was told they were also a great selection. can you provide me with any details plz.

Originally I was too book the balcony seats but as soon as I read your post you made me change my mind. lol

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

Given that the price difference I would seriously recommend getting tickets as close to the centre as you can manage and forego the seats out wide, you'll appreciate the difference and it's well worth it as a special treat. Take care, there is a distinct walkway between the lower and upper orchestra areas and that this is quite broad, you should avoid the first two or three rows of the upper orchestra. Despite insisting that late arrivals will not be seated until a suitable break, people are regularly brought to their seats or others leave to visit the restrooms or concessions and these people could be an unwelcome distraction

The Bellagio ticket agents over the phone are great at helping to slot you into the best seats and will usually be very willing to try lots of different options with you; most of them are familiar with the venue and will have seen the show themselves rather than be remote call centre staff with no sense of the theatre. If you do opt for seats in the wings then they will try and put you closer to the middle if you ask. Therefore you can sometimes pay the lower price despite being only a few feet across the aisle from the more expensive section. Remember however, that the centre section eliminates the aisles from your line of sight and so reduces the distraction of people leaving their seats.

Here's the pick of the seats in each section:

102 seat 18 (being on the aisle and therefore closer to the centre section then 17, 16 etc slowly getting wider to the wings) any rows D thru N

104 seats 1(being on the aisle and therefore closer to the centre section then 2,3 etc slowly getting wider to the wings) any rows D thru N

202 & 204 rows S and higher (thus avoids the theatre entry points)

203 any in row R or higher 5,6,7 should be most central

103 is jackpot any in row D or higher (along with a big slots win to cover the cost!)

105 & 101 are non-starters (too wide out)

201 aim for seats 8,9 at least 3 rows back in that section, for 205 only this time preference 1,2 again at least 3 rows back

If you are flexible during your stay and can move your schedule around, then having a second date may open up availability in an otherwise sold-out section on another night and don't forget there are two shows per evening and the second one is often slightly less popular or sells out less quickly.

Good luck, we've been lucky enough to see "O" six times, we're sure you'll love it just as much as we do. Let us know how you get on

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
578 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Cirque du Soleil tickets.. help plz

wow, thanks so much LasVegasNigel.

I just called and most of the seats you mention are sold out. They had section 103 first row only, and section 201 seats 4 and 5 Row R (4 rows back) and section 205 seats 1 and 2 Row R. Which ones would u recommend?