We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor dining in summer

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor dining in summer

This will be my 4th trip to Vegas and my first in the summer. Is outdoor dining for dinner feasible or is it still pretty hot out? I'm also thinking about being in dressier clothes and not wanting to get all sweaty in them. Do people eat outside or is it strictly inside during the summer?

Mentioned in this post
Mr. Mamas
£, American, Cafe, Diner
Juan's Flaming Fajitas & Cantina
££ - £££, Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Veggie House
££ - £££, Chinese, Asian
Tyne and Wear...
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor dining in summer

People do use terraces late into the night but in July last year when it was hitting 110+ during the day, even at midnight it remained in the high 80's/low 90's and was very uncomfortable for alfresco dining even with the spray cooler fans and outdoor ac units

Canada
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor dining in summer

Weather in Las Vegas is currently around 95F and will become hotter as we move into July and August. I just can't see enjoying myself eating a warm / hot meal at this temperature.

For some it may be OK but not for me, especially if I want the evening to be classy / romantic. There's no way it can be done while sweating.

Mentioned in this post
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,581 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor dining in summer

Can you do it? Yes. Will it be comfortable? No. The cement under your feet doesn't cool down after the sun sets, it starts cooling down in September. Many nights the temp is still near 100 degrees until the restaurants close.

Your best bet for outdoor dining in Summer is breakfast. There are a number of nice breakfast venues with outdoor dining. Consider Tableau (Wynn) or Verandah (Four Seasons) or Bouchon (Venetian). all provide outstanding breakfast experiences.

Mentioned in this post
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
20,230 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Bouchon
Bouchon
2,995 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Toronto
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor dining in summer

I guess we are in the minority, but my husband and I often enjoy breakfast/brunch or a late dinner outside when we are in Vegas in July or August. Sitting in the shade or under an umbrella at brunch, we have no issues with the heat (only once when we have been in Vegas have we experienced humidity). We used to frequent Mon Ami Gabi which has a terrace looking over the Bellagio, but the attitude of the servers (as another Tripadvisor reviewer noted) has become "we don't care if you come back so we don't need you to be happy" and we no longer eat there.

Mentioned in this post
Mon Ami Gabi
Mon Ami Gabi
15,790 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
14,406 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
558 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdoor dining in summer

We enjoy eating outside at Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY (if the weather permits). They have a nice variety on their menu, the dress is casual and you have a great view of the Strip and can watch all the people. We have had large family dinners there to celebrate birthdays and also just stopped in for late night dessert. The service is excellent and very friendly! They also offer dining on a covered balcony with a view of the Strip. Reservations are not usually required unless you have a large group and want to reserve the balcony.

Mentioned in this post
The Strip
The Strip
27,845 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
6. Re: Outdoor dining in summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:17