We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Roller

Midwest
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
High Roller

Have they stopped selling the express pass? When I first started looking, it was an option. Now I do not see it listed and can't find a reference.

Thanks

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Roller

I'm not sure what the express pass is - but we were in Vegas around May 15-20 - and walked right up and bought tickets, and got right on the High Roller. No reservation or anything necessary. It was Friday night about 8 pm.

Midwest
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: High Roller

You bought it for a given day with no specific time slot. You could go at anytime and bypass the line. I had thought there might be long lines over July 4th holiday weekend. But it does not seem to be offered now.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Roller

Well I can understand that on the 4th there will probably be plenty of people wanting to ride the High Roller, but like I said - we pretty much walked straight on - I think there was 1 group of people ahead of us.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Roller

FYI. CET is now giving free passes to the high roller. If you are playing BJ and get a suited 21. You have just earned a free pass. Didn't say if there's cap on how many you can win in a day. But yeah it's come to this now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Roller

I wouldn't waste my money on ridíng it. Half an hour looking at the backs of buildings, what a let down

Level Contributor
2,030 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: High Roller

It does seem like a gimmick....like it would get old in the first five minutes.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High Roller

So it's $6-$5 PLUS a High Roller pass for a Blackjack. That will probably get the serious BJ players flocking in.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: High Roller

The reviews seems quite good on the High Roller even though people in forums seem to bash it

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: High Roller

There's nobody on the thing except for some times in the evening.

There were no lines at sunset over the 4th weekend which I'm sure they projected high occupancy.

CET spent a ton and is not getting a good return on the investment. Who knew?

London, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: High Roller

Its quite an obvious lemon though isnt it?

A bar, restaurant or lion enclosure can be turned into retail space without much fuss. Closing the high roller will be a somewhat embarrassing move, least not because theres nothing they can convert it to.

At least Treasure Island had a few years out of their pirate ship.