We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

Hello! I am trying to decide on bus tour for our first day in Las Vegas. My husband and I have been before, but we thought it would be nice for my husband's parents and our 11 year to do a bus tour of The Strip, etc. I usually don't do these kind of tours, so I am having a hard time choosing. Can anyone recommend a tour? We are not looking for Grand Canyon tours, just The Strip and nearby can't miss sites.

I have to make the same decision for Los Angeles and San Francisco as well so trying to get this right. Many thanks in advance.

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
GC Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Helicopter Tours
GC Flight
Helicopter Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours, Bus Tours
Grand Canyon Destinations
Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

Check-out the Tripadvisor reviews for 'Big Bus'.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

You don't need a tour to get the most out of the Strip. You'll have more fun exploring the various hotels yourselves using a combination of walking, public transportation and taxis. A lot of the best stuff to see is inside so a bus tour won't help you there.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

Thanks. I saw the reviews for Big Bus and am leaning towards them. I just wanted to put some effort into looking and not necessarily go with the first operator I found.

Blagger, thanks for your thoughts. I have been to Vegas a few times before and think for our first day a bus tour is suitable for my in-laws who are in their mid-70s. The tours I am looking at are hop-on / hop-off tours so they can still have a choice. I just think it will be nice for them to get the "lay of the land" while recovering from jet-lag.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,850 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

I have been to Vegas many times. Our last visit I decided to take the hop on/ hop off tour. It was 38.00. You can get off and then another bus comes in 20 minutes. I could have given the talk, but it was fun and I saw some sites. I did get off a few times. Good way to spend the day.

I got the bus behind the Miracle mile shops. Enjoy

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

We are going to book a tour for our 1st day in Vegas ... they have really good reviews and mentioned favorable in TRs, Also if you go to their website they have a few combo options that may be of interest - we are doing a day tour combo w/ Madame T .... We used them in Washington, DC and loved the tour and on / off option.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 00:20
Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

If I may- unlike LA & SF; what time of year you're going is HUGE. In their 70's- what if it's 105?

Just something to consider

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,890 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

I once did the hop-on/hop-off Big Bus tour in Vegas. I enjoyed the guides' talks, and the opportunity to take a break from walking. I rode the entire loop once, before I started to get off and back on.

The Strip is a pretty short loop, so this tour is not as great as in other cities, where your various tourist sites are spread out and you need transportation to get to them.

Hadley...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

just got back and did the big bus. It was very informative

9. Re: Recommend Double Decker Bus Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:17