We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champagne?

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Champagne?

I'm looking for a good place to buy good quality champagne in Vegas. Nothing cheap, but in the $100 range, and preferably fairly close to the strip. I was considering Total Wine and More, anyone been there? Thanks.

edmonton, alberta
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Champagne?

I believe you can purchase champagne in the liquor store at the Orleans hotel which is not too far off the Strip. There is a complimentary shuttle running from the far northeast entrance of Bally's (runs about every 20 min) If you have a BConnected (Boyd Gaming) players card, there is a discount offered on the purchase

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Champagne?

If you want a simple option. Pick up a bottle at the liquor store at the airport by baggage claim. They had a decent selection and yeah it was overpriced but the options were better than I thought when I was there in December.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Champagne?

Do you want actual Champagne (i.e. produced in the Champagne region of France), or 'champagne' which is actually just sparkling wine produced anywhere and labelled as champagne because that seems to be OK in the US?:)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Champagne?

If the OP is looking at spending $100, I suspect they would like something that originated in the Champagne region and something that's a step up from non-vintage as well.

Use of the word champagne on US produced sparkling wines has decreased dramatically in the last 20 years and probably won't exist at all in another 20.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Champagne#Right_to_the_n…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Champagne?

Phew! We were given a bottle of 'champagne', produced in California in Wynn!

Edited: 08 June 2014, 13:27
6. Re: Champagne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:15