We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

Bay Area
Level Contributor
307 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

I'm going to Vegas with my daughters for 4 days Thursday through Sunday nights in early August. I'm thinking of doing 2 days at the Mandalay Bay and 2 days somewhere cheaper. My main interest is the pool area. Would it be more crowded on Thursday-Friday or on Saturday-Sunday? Or will it be a zoo any of these days and I should look elsewhere? Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,205 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

It'll be busier at the weekend.

Stay in one place - you've picked a great one in Mandalay Bay - and save yourself and your daughters the hassle of packing up, moving and unpacking again.

The pool is fantastic.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

I like the MB pool and beach a lot but during July and August, it's just too busy for me whatever the day of the week. A weekend would be beyond crazy!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

We don't stay at Mandalay Bay in the summer, and you will find out why. No question Saturday will be the busiest day at the pool, so I would recommend Thu/Fri at MB.

I might add that if you check in on Saturday and head right to the pool, it is highly unlikely that you will all find seating together. Where at least you might have a chance on Thursday.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 15:35
Orange, California
Level Contributor
645 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

In August - Friday afternoon and all day Saturday are the most crowded Las Vegas pool days.

Couple things I would recommend.

Don't change properties - stay at MB

On Saturday - You are typically competing for pool chairs later in the morning (after 10:00) - if you are there at 9:00 - you'll get the chairs you want.

Friday and Sunday morning at opening is pretty open.

Pay for a locker at the spa to hold your stuff and get access to shower / gym / quiet lobby / water / coffee / juice / fruit all day... bit of a walk , but worth it.

If you can't get the chair location you want - pull one the towel staff aside and offer $ if they can get you the location you want and you will wait. They will hover over the chairs in that location looking for people who just dropoff towels on chairs

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

You're likely to be happy on Thursday or Sunday, and Friday and Saturday not so much, so pick your poison.

6. Re: Mandalay Bay Th-F or Sa-Su?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:16