We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daughter lost drivers license

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Marcos...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Daughter lost drivers license

Is there anywhere in Las Vegas you can get at least an identification card same day?

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

what do you have for identification- to get any type of identification card?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

She isnt going to get a state issued license for NV unless she is a resident.

Can someone overnight her passport from home?

Edited: 11 June 2014, 01:40
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
36,368 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

I agree that her Passport would be the quickest and best - Fed-X Next Day AM would be my option.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - did she also loose her credit cards? If so, you might want to do a wire transfer of a few $100,000 to tide her over.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

It must be a state or government issued ID and those are not issued same day. Having her passport sent overnight via Fed Ex is your best and likely only play in this case. Good luck...

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

I would bet she isn't the first person to lose her ID, or have it stolen, etc, and that the hotels probably see this happen fairly routinely. So I would stop by the concierge desk, if available, to ask their advice. If no concierge, perhaps the front desk, hotel security, etc.

Also, be sure to check at Lost & Found wherever she thinks she lost it - another visitor may have turned it in.

It might not benefit her to wire money if she has no ID to show at the Western Union window ;-(

Good luck.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

Assume she lost it while she is in Vegas now. Tell her to keep retracing her steps. My DIL lost hers and asked at the same place three times before someone found it locked in the safe at a club where it had been put for safe keeping.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

Check with hotel security/lost and found. Last year, I lost my ID at the MGM Grand pool. It turned up at the lost and found desk. Stuff like this happens all the time. The guy was telling me how many credit cards get left at the night clubs each night. A LOT.

Seriously, if a hotel employee or responsible guest finds it and turns it in, you'll get it back. They have a process for this sort of thing.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

you an fly without an ID. I'm not sure if there's temporary ID for bars though.

I lost mine there two weeks ago but security had it

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

Somehow, I think the OP would have exhausted all obvious possibilities like checking with the various lost and found departments before they took the time out of their vacation to create a user account with TA for the sole purpose of asking this question.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Daughter lost drivers license

You never know. Lost and found winds up with lots of stuff never ever claimed because people never think to go there to see if they have it.