We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amherst, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

I'll purchasing tickets to LOVE for a Thursday evening 9:30 show for my husband and I at the end of June. We are staying at the Trump Hotel so will need to travel in to the mirage. Any suggestions on where to eat before hand? Buget would be approximately $75 per person before drinks, taxes etc. We're not "foodies" so don't have a style we prefer. I'm quite adventerous, but hubby is not when it comes to food (i.e. no sushi, nothing too spicy, no vegetarian meals etc) He's quite picky. I've looked at the show ticket/meal offers on the Mirage site but don't know if these places are any good. Any suggestions would be helpful!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

We don't try and combine fine dining with a show any more. We don't want to feel rushed, and each deserves to be the centerpiece of an evening. So we would lean towards casual, some place we can get in and out in an hour.

On that part of the Strip, Maggianos would be our 1st choice. A reasonably easy walk from Trump (I think) and a place that meets our hour time-table with consistent quality.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

STACK at the Mirage for convenience. I've had a couple of nice meals there in the past although I haven't been there for a few years now but I'm sure it's still good.

Have fun and enjoy the show!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

When your talking $75 pp, I am thinking something along the lines of a nice steak dinner, etc. After a long day and a "heavy" steak-type dinner, a 9:30pm show may end up being a very expensive nap. If anything, I would look for something more on the lighter side that won't leave you feeling like you need a nap. Even the liveliness of LOVE is no match for a full belly and a tired body.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

We went to the 9:30 PM show of LOVE last week and had a late dinner afterwards. The show itself was phenomenal and we enjoyed Allegro at Wynn after the show.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

Agree with others that you would be better saving a "good" meal for another night. So, I can recommend the following:

BLT or California Pizza at Mirage

Stripburger or Maggiano at FSM

Kahunaville at TI (maybe)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

If you haven't already bought your tickets to Love you may want to check out this sale on Travelzoo.

travelzoo.com/destinations/cirque_du_soleil/…

Boston
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

I went to Stack both times I saw Love. The food is good, you could find much cheaper but $75pp before drinks, etc. is plenty. You could even get a couple of appetizers apiece if you don't want to load up (I agree with people who say it's not always a good idea to eat big before a show, especially a late one).

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
1,329 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

I would look at one of the Mirage dinner and show packages to suit your culinary taste...

http://www.mirage.com/dinnerandshow/

Bon apetit, and enjoy the show :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

Although I like both Stack and Japonois at Mirage, as a pre-show meal, I'd go to BLT Burger at Mirage, and save the extra funds for a nice meal another night.

Tell your waiter you are going to Love, so he'll know your time-frame.

Amherst, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets to LOVE, where to eat before 9:30 show?

Thank you for your suggestions everyone! I'll look into each restaurant. I agree that maybe trying to do a nice dinner and show might not be the best idea. However, hubby is in Vegas for work and could possibly be working until 8 or 9 pm each night so booking another night might not be feasible. I'll have to check his intinerary. Thanks again!