We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Meal

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
Wedding Meal

Hi, can you please help...we are getting married in Las Vegas in April 2007 at Special Memory Chapel.

I just need some advice on where to eat for our after wedding meal (Wedding Breakfast in UK). We are on a tight budget about $55 per person. And we are predicting about 15 of us. Due to the time of the wedding 3pm it is likely to be a 5-6pm meal.

We have looked at Mon Ami Gabi and Voodoo Lounge.

Are there any others to consider, and would anyone recommend the 2 mentioned?

BTW we are staying at the Mirage.

Thanks in advance.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Meal

Friendly bump.

Also, I think you can stay within your budget at both those places with minimal / no drinks, apps, etc.

Have you considered Maggiano's at Fashion Show Mall? Previous posters have highly recommended this, they have packages that include alcohol. Good food.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Meal

VooDoo Cafe has four set menus for groups that range from $48 to $65 a person, I think. You can view them here

https:/…voodoo-Cafe-and-lounge-detail.html

It's a wonderful romantic place, we've celebrated three anniversaries there. I give it two paws up!

London, England
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Meal

hi there - both of those places offer great food and views. Mon Ami Gabi is a little more traditional, Voodoo Lounge is a little funkier. Both offer set menus which will help with budgeting - Voodoo Lounge starts at $48, while Mon Ami Gabi starts in the high $50s.

The site below lets you search venues in Vegas that offer fixed price menus by cost and cuisine.

las-vegas-weddings.co.uk/receptions/browse/d…

Have fun!

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Meal

We are going to a friend's wedding in September and they are having their wedding dinner for ~30 people at the All American Bar & Grill (http://tinyurl.com/m4997) in the Rio. The menus are available on the website (http://tinyurl.com/qasvk) and they were able to get 3 or 4 dinner choices plus wine & beer for under $50 a person. I can post again after the wedding to let you know how the food & service was.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Meal

Hi all, please keep them coming as there must be more restaurants in LV...

CDJD yes please let us know how you get on at the All American bar.

Mreneneew, we looked at Maggianos but didn't fancy eating at the Fashion Mall. I suppose I haven't been there so if anyone can correct me on the location. But I picture it being in a 2nd floor food court area. The prices and menu were great though.

maybe we are being fussy, wanting the right place for a good location with good food. But then again I just want it to be right.

your help is appreciated!

thanks

Stretch

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Meal

Maggiano's certainly isn't in a 'food court'. It's a pretty classy place (for a chain). See these reviews:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45963-d5697…

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Meal

I was just worried about Maggiano's being in a food mall...

I am sure that the place is lovely once you are there... just want the venue to be as important as the food. You are only getting married in LV once (well in my case anyway)

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding Meal

Just returned from a wedding in Vegas this past weekend. The reception dinner was held in a private upstairs loft of the All American Bar and Grill at the Rio. The venue and the food were terrific.

The dinner consisted of bread, soup or salad, choice of honey glazed chicken, prime rib, jamician spiced pork chops, or salmon, and a dessert. The food portions were HUGE and very tasty. There were absolutely no complaints. I had the pork and it was fab. It was served with mashed potatoes and green beans. The dinner also came with wine or beer.

I talked to the bride and she said that they paid $35 pp. It was a definite steal. We had several servers for our party of 32 and they were spot on. Dinner was from 4:30 - 6:30 and then afterwards we all went up to the VooDoo Lounge for drinks on the terrace. The cover charge did not start until 8pm so everyone got in free and we had a blast!

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Meal

Oh by the way since the Rio is to far to walk from the strip, Harrah's also offers a free shuttle to the Rio from Ballys, Caesars Palace and Harrahs. The service runs every 30 minutes from 10am - 4am on the weekends. Although the taxi cab ride was only about $5 from the strip, it was nice to have a free transportation option for the guests.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding Meal

I just wondered if anyone else had any opinions on the dinner venue? I think Voodoo is leading the way at the moment, so has anyone had their reception their?