We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giada's new restaurant

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Giada's new restaurant

Attire says business casual what exactly does that mean? Shorts?

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giada's new restaurant

No. But that won't stop people...

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giada's new restaurant

I dress casually at my work. But shorts? I don't think so. Although, like mgg said, it won't stop many from so doing.

Edited: 13 June 2014, 17:42
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giada's new restaurant

would you wear shorts to work (in an office?) I work for a very laid back company and I would not wear shorts. it generally means khakis and a golf shirt for men.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,247 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giada's new restaurant

For men, Business Casual usually means a shirt with sleeves and a collar, long pants that aren't jeans and shoes that aren't sneakers. Emily Post suggests a jacket also, but IMO that's not always the case.

It really doesn't matter if you spent $500 on your jeans or your sneakers. Or how "nice" they are.

As the others said, you will see people dressed all ways, regardless of what dress code the restaurant suggests.

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giada's new restaurant

Shorts sound good enough to me when its 100 outside. This is vacation not a business meeting.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Giada's new restaurant

well, you asked :) They have the right to refuse service. Typically anything goes in Vegas, but my husband was recently refused service at a nice place because he had on "nice" shorts.

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giada's new restaurant

When it's 100* outside shorts are a necessity. Outside. It's not 100* inside. Quite the contrary.

Wear whatever you want, even that wifebeater with the ketchup stains.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Giada's new restaurant

"This is vacation not a business meeting."

Right, but the restaurants asks for the attire to be "business casual", not "vacation casual".

Leave dining in shorts and tshirts to kids under 15 yo...

Rochester, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Giada's new restaurant

Wearing shorts to a nice restaurant is ridiculous and the same as wearing sweatpants. Business casual is wearing a short sleeve sport/dress shirt or dressier polo shirt (No writing or graphics) and slacks with boat shoes or dress shoes. Just because you are on vacation doesn't mean you should ignore social norms.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Giada's new restaurant

Love Giada, she is such a sweetheart. Hope her restaurant is good and successful.