We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on my restaurant choices

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
673 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions on my restaurant choices

I am looking for a restaurant that would be good for a group of 7. Age ranges Late 20's- mid 70's (yes its the Vegas family trip).

For one of our nights we would like to go somewhere on the nicer side, but dont want to totally break the bank. Also looking for a uniquely vegas experience.

My top three choices after researching on here and on the internet are:

Olive's at Bellagio

Mon Ami Gabi at Paris

Voodoo Cafe at Rio

Thoughts? Other ideas? We are planning on going to Ellis Island, Lindo Mihocaon, Fatburger, etc. (all of our favorite places that we usually hit) on other days. We just want one fancier evening.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

That's a really tough choice, all three are great IMHO. If it were myself and my friends (mid to late 30's) I'd probably pick VooDoo Cafe. But if bringing my parents (mid 60's) I'd probably go for MonAmi Gabi. Both have a "unique Vegas experience", I'd say the edge goes to VooDoo in that respect.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

For a 'Vegas ' experience vacation I would hit one of each type of place with the group:

- A good Steakhouse ( CC )

- One of the better dinner Buffets

- A party and food place ( Kahunaville, Margaritaville, Brew pub , Sports bar etc. )

- A good coffee shop for lunch or dinner ( Grand Lux etc. )

- I might hit a Sushi bar as well for lunch or dinner ( Tsunami etc. )

- Another lunch favorite of mine is a Deli type sangwich ( Canter's etc. )

- And of course dessert / snack ( Gelato bar, Cheesecake factory, Pastries at the Paris )

Unique Vegas experiences also might be simpler things like Huge hotdogs, 99 cent Shrimp cocktails downtown, Cheap breakfast buffet,

krispy cremes etc depending on what trips your trigger.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

I am a big fan of the VooDoo, their food is delicious & the view is wonderful. Always friendly servers too.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

My two cents as a resident who has been to all of them

Olives is the best on your list. There is only one better Mediterranean resturant in town by the name of ALEX. But it will cost twice as much.

MAG is about the ambience rather than the food. Certainly better steakhouses in town for the same or less money.

Voo Doo is again about just being seen in than the food. If it is Cajun Creole you are after consider Comanders Palace. Much better food at the same price level.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

I would suggest skipping Olive's at Bellagio.

Every year we say we are going to try it.

We look at the menu. limited choices. and pretty expensive.

And we say "nah!"

this year we skipped for Mesa Grill. good choice.

Last year we skipped for the Bellagio Buffett. Very Very good.

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

Definitely don't go to Mon Ami Gabi if you're looking for a steakhouse. I enjoyed their steak au poivre but it was a surprisingly small piece of meat. Then again, it was under $25 so I guess you get what you pay for.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

I dined one evening at the Voo Doo and it was by far the worst meal I have had in Las Vegas. Perhaps it was just a fluke as I hear people rave about the place. Personally, I would not return.

8. Re: Opinions on my restaurant choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 01:17