We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mandalay bay pool questions

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
328 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
mandalay bay pool questions

Have already asked a few questions for our upcoming trip but of course, still have more!

Staying at the Mandalay bay..do they provide pool towels or should we bring our own? Also our the loungers free? Only ask cause years ago we stayed at Harrahs and they had to be rented.

Any good place for shade? Going July 6-11...how crowded will the pool be? thanks in advance for all your answers!

London, England
Level Contributor
275 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

There are pool towels. The loungers go very early in the morning (but are free) and when we were there in April there wasn't much shade, in fact there is none in front of the wave pool, why would there be when they can make you pay for a cabana ;-)

By the small pools to the right there is a small amount of shade in the morning under the trees. In late April we had to be there by 9-9.30 to get one though so I imagine July would be worse? Other people can answer that I'm sure.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
871 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

We were there last week. The pool was busy but there were still loungers available late morning. People start leaving mid afternoon so you can also get loungers after about 3pm.

There is some shade by the lagoon pools and the lazy river but youll have to get there early to get a spot there. There are no umbrellas for shade in the free area.

Cabanas were $425+tax last week, this goes up depending on demand.

There is a section of beach roped off with very comfortable loungers, these cost $50 per lounger and another $50 for shade. You get a bucket of water and ice included (!).

Take your own rubber ring for the lazy river - they sell them for $20 at the pool but they only cost $5 in walmart.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
871 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

Also meamt to say, theres plenty of towels available (free) and even though its very busy - it is well known as probably the best pool in vegas - its a huge area so to me it didnt feel overly crowded

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

so crowded many will never go there that time of year.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

Lagoon pool area gives some shade throughout the day but if want complete shade the only way to go is a cabana (even paid loungers don't cover all day). Busiest around 10 am - before and after should be able to find a lounger. Best pool in Vegas so expect crowds.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
643 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

The rates they charge for cabanas are pretty offensive...I have never seen rates this high. I have another free weekend offer in August but refuse to pay for the cabana. It's tough to find shade, so in the summer, you can't do an all day thing or you will be wiped out. Plan accordingly.

Level Contributor
1,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

Free weekend but offended by the cabana rates. There is definitely some irony there. I guess the entitled think everything should be free and MB should make money elsewhere.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 00:52
Encinitas...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

"Best pool in Vegas so expect crowds."

Second best.

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

"The rates they charge for cabanas are pretty offensive."

There's a limit to how many cabanas can be rented in a day. Why not charge the most you can? If people want an exclusive item at a top hotel in LV expect to pay top dollar. Or you can always stay at the Holiday Inn.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
871 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mandalay bay pool questions

There are a LOT of cabanas, when we went there were probably less than 20% in use. Shame really that the price wasnt lower so more people could have the experience when clearly people arnt prepared to pay $425