We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
389 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Hi everyone,

In my haste to secure myself a good deal in a Fountain View room at Bellagio, it seems as if I've done something very, very stupid. I've booked and canceled and rebooked SO many times, it appears I currently have no booking! Grrr.

I had managed to find a promo code which gave me 11 - 13 July (inc) in a Fountain View room for $869. Do you think I can remember where I found the code? No sir'ee. Ahhh. ...

So I'm wondering if you good people of TA may know of a decent code? I've hunted high and low, but all the discounts don't seem to offer much of a...... well ..... discount.

Thoughts?

As always I'm grateful for the collective wisdom on this board.

London, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Look in your internet history. Youll be able to see what sites you went to prior to booking it

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Why did you book and cancel so many times?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Check smartervegas.com to see if the offer you booked is there. There's a chance that it now will no longer be available to use for dates in July and may have expired completely.

I don't think I've ever canceled a Vegas hotel reservation with the intention of making a new one at the same property. If I find better rates than I've booked at, I just call and have my existing reservation modified.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
389 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

@GeneralMittens - I will try that, although we're talking two computers over the last two months

@Mark - because I kept seeing better deals. I suspect now I didn't do due diligence with my homework in the first place, hence the chopping and changing.

@blagger - I did check SmarterVegas and the other main site (VegasAdvisor?) first, but no joy.

Silly, silly me.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

At the Excalibur (and I guess others) it costs nothing to cancel a booking but $10 to modify a booking.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Did you get an email confirmation of the booking? It may have the code.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Phone the Bellagio and ask them to look up your cancelled reservation. They should be able to tell you what promo code you used when you booked.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,016 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Try the code "bsocial", it offers 20% off, not great, but it's something. This thread gives some discounts for Bellagio, that have been pretty good in the past.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k610745…

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,535 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

I think I would give up the cause. It sounds like your discount code would be at least two months old, it has surely expired by now. The chances of getting a great discount code for a weekend next month is not good. Sorry it happened, but I would get an alternative reservation right away as rates are not likely to be going down at this point.

Canberra
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm an idiot! Bellagio booking.

Hello fellow Aussie. Are you an Mlife and Crown and Anchor (Royal Caribbean) member? If so, you should be able to find a good deal through this promotion:

mgmresorts.com/RoyalOffer2014/default.aspx…

For example, for two nights (check in on 11th, checkout on 13th) you can get a resort room for a total of US$616.44 PLUS $200 resort credit!! Perhaps you could look at booking that deal and ask to upgrade when you check in?

While not a fountain view room, seems too good to pass up!