We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

MD
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

We are on a budget in Vegas. We will be there over the weekend in Sept. so everything is expensive. It is either Barbary Coast or the next cheapest hotel we want to stay at is the Flamingo for an extra $60. a night. We are checking in Friday and checking out Sunday. We have stayed at the flamingo before and we liked it.

My husb. will be at the embassy suites Monday-Friday for work. We could just stay there instead of changing hotels but I don't want a big hassle going back and forth from the strip. Any experiences you can share about embassy?

What do the experts here think?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

No thoughts on the Embassy, but for $60 less / night I'd pick Barbary Coast over Flamingo.

MD
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

Ok, thank you!

ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

I don't know if a pool is important to you, but the BC doesn't have one. Never been to the embassy suites so can't really say anything.

MD
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

Well, since we are going to be there over a weekend I was imagining the pool scene to be a nightmare.

That is a good point, though.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

Stick with Embassy. I think this is a terrific chain hotel.

Sherman, TX
Level Contributor
939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

Just recently stayed at Barbary Coast, friends stayed at Flamingo. I really liked BC, we were on the top floor, smaller, you don't walk yourself to death. The down side of BC is that, because it is smaller and on a very busy corner, you might hear some street noise and revellers during the night...it didn't bother us because we were in the room only from about 2 a.m to 5 a.m. But, if you are a lite sleeper, that might be an issue. Our friends really liked the Flamingo, but it is larger, but their room was very nice and their view of the strip was wonderful. The view from BC wasn't that great, but the room was really nice, bed very comfortable. We weren't interested in a pool, so that didn't enter into our decision...it might yours.

We had thought about staying off strip since we had been to Vegas before. But, we were very glad that we stayed on it.....just so much more to do, and, since we had a rental car, we weren't tied to it. We ate at locals places, but brought the car back and valet parked at the Flamingo. It was great.

We, too, were on a budget and Barbary Coast filled our needs.

7. Re: Barbary, Flamingo, or Embassy Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 10:35