We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas to LA day trips

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas to LA day trips

In Vegas October, can anyone recommend a good tour company that does these trips to LA that leave early in morning and back late & do i book online or find a deal on the strip??

California
Level Contributor
679 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

What part of LA are you talking about? LA County is HUGE! I would not do a day trip in a car, it would take too long with LA traffic and all....maybe fly??

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

You're talking 4 hours each way. This is a bad plan. Fly, stay at least two nights.

Menifee CA
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

LA is a whole state away from Vegas. Most of your time would be spent traveling to and fro. Either rent a car or fly and stay at least 2 days.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

I would be curious about a tour also. So far no answer to your question but maybe someone with the experience may chime in to answer your question shortly. I know that there are tours to LA and some have mentioned their experience here so maybe they will respond again.

Mansfield, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

We used quality tours for a day trip to LA. It was by far the BEST way to do it !

They picked us up at 6am. Did a few other hotel pick ups and off we went! They gave us breakfast, drinks (just cold ones) and popped a film on and did a stop off for drinks/toilet/food etc. They dropped the WB studios people off and off we went to Santa Monica Pier, then Rodeo Drive and Cheesecake factory for lunch, pre-ordered so no waiting around. We saw a lot of film studios along the way. We did the stars homes, Hollywood boulevard and the woman who took the tour was super knowledgeable! And we got back about 1am. They popped another film on as they did on the way. AND the best bit! no driving for us! :D

There was no way on our own we would have been able to see as much as we did or learn as much as we did. It was large amount of money to pay upfront BUT totally worth every penny if you want to see a lot in a short amount of time.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

Yasmin, thanks for the info,I will look into that.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

If you're going to do this then Yasmin did it right. She did see a nice, albeit small, slice of the 4000 square miles of the greater LA County area.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

I live in Los Angeles (the city) and can tell you depending on traffic it will take at least 4 hours to make the journey. By bus it will be at least 5. Most likely it will be more. Once it took me 11 hours to get back due to accidents and construction. LA is huge and traffic here is terrible. You will get to see maybe one or two things before having to head back. It is not worth it at all. Use Vegas as a hub for Lake Mead/Hoover Dam, South Rim Grand Canyon, and even Laughlin. If you want to see LA, make sure you at least have a full day to explore.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

i wouldn't do this without at least one night in la. if you want a day trip...valley of fire / hoover dam / lake mead, red rock canyon, zion or laughlin / lake havasu city.

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas to LA day trips

PnSfromLA, though I don't think it's a good idea, did you read Yasmin's response?

And for some odd reason two different responses mention how huge LA County is. True but most of the sights you'd see in a concentration tour are within 15 miles of each other--Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc.