We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Video Poker Tournament

Canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Video Poker Tournament

I've just signed up for my very first Video Poker Tournament. I've been a VP player for more years than I can remember; been invited to many but the dates have never worked for me.

This one is at Paris near the end of July. Can anyone give me a little incite as to what to expect? I've read that the best way to win is to disregard all practical strategies and go strictly for big hands…Royals, 4oak on A, 2,3,4.

Also, I've heard they have some decent food and gifts as well.

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Maverick Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Red Electric Bike Tours
Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Video Poker Tournament

I have done a couple but not make the pay out. You will sign up and get one or two 15 minutes rounds. Just play as fast as you without any mistakes. From what I seen you need to score over 2500 just to make it on the prise list.

It was okay and a way to take a break from loosing at the real machines.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Video Poker Tournament

Ya you need big hands. Split pairs looking for 4 of a kind. If you don't score some big hands you don't have a chance. Go big or go home.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Video Poker Tournament

Thanks Guys

I’ve heard some of the slot tournaments have nice food layed out+ gift bags. Did they do this for you?

Edited: 20 June 2014, 23:49
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Video Poker Tournament

We did not get food or gift bags. I do believe there was a small reception for the people who won a prize but not for us losers but it was fun

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Video Poker Tournament

Someone will walk out a winner. The others will just walk out.

United States
Level Contributor
22,033 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Video Poker Tournament

Which game do they play? Jacks Or Better, I'm guessing.

7. Re: Video Poker Tournament

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17