We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cake

Level Contributor
115 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cake

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good cake place? My friends are getting married in Vegas and they haven't organised a cake yet and I wanted to surprise them. I don't want the traditional $500 wedding cakes but something tasty and not so fancy (and a bit cheaper).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,567 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cake

Freeds Bakery

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cake

Retro Bakery

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cake

Freeds is great. If you are planning to have this at the reception venue, you'll want to check with them on their policy with respect to outside baked goods and any cake cutting fees. In fact, if there is a venue, they can make all the arrangements for you within your budget. If you're doing this at your hotel, the better ones will have a concierge that can also make arrangements. You probably don't want to around shlepping a cake in 100 degree weather.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 02:45
Level Contributor
115 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cake

They have a venue (Firefly) and I've called ahead and its $2 pp for cakeage. Freeds is a little expensive for my budget (was hoping for under $200, and their pricing is more around $350).

I also don't want your typical wedding cake design, any suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cake

Designs: freedsbakery.com/wedding-cakes/…

Prices: freedsbakery.com/wedding-cakes/…

Cake for how many people?

Level Contributor
115 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cake

About 30-40 people

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cake

Have you thought about a cupcake tower?

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cake

Freed's Red Velvet Cake is divine. I bought one for my husband's 40th birthday and I still can't find another to replace that memory. Sooooo gooood!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cake

It couldn't hurt to email them, tell them your budget and that you are looking for something more simple than a showy bridal cake.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cake

2 thoughts - Sprinkles just opened up in the Linq if you were thinking of going the cupcake route. There's also Nothing Bundt Cakes (http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/) for something delicious and unique.