We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

Just wondering if the area in front of Monte Carlo and NYNY is still in the midst of construction. Our travel date will be mid October, and we are hoping it will be completed by then.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
503 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

I'm wondering too. C'mon people...let us know : ).

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k7436…

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

What construction? I'm staying here next week and wondering what it is?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

Maybe they're talking about the failed 2nd Ferris Wheel project?

That'll be there for decades, or until it falls over.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

No it's the project that they are building a stadium and new shops and restaurants and park some of it is completed but it isn't due to complete until December 2014 was supposed to be completed the beginning of the year

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2013/4/18/11173/7358/vegas-travel/New+York-New+York,+Monte+Carlo+To+Be+Transformed+Into+Park-Like+District

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

Are you talking about the new shopping park thing? It was still all blocked off when we were there a couple weeks ago. I have no idea when it will be done but it wasn't a big deal to walk past.

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
255 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

Someone sent me a link on this matter, a couple of weeks ago. Of course, now I can't find it. But at least the front portion is complete with new retail space that includes the Hershey's Chocolate store, and a "promenade". Looked real nice in the Promo video. There is more to be done though, I'm assuming.

Good Luck & Enjoy!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

I was there last week. All the construction work outside MC and NYNY is complete. There are new eateries outside MC and NYNY has a Herhseys. See the MC and NYNY websites.

The next phase is that Park between MC and NYNY. The old City Centre showroom has long gone and there is boarding up but new side walk and shrubs between MC and NYNY so pedestrian traffic is unobstructed.

They have cleared land and buildings that was at the far end of that lot and some foundation work has started. But nothing really that will disrupt your stay.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

Here's some photos from early May after the construction was finished:

In front of NYNY:

…photobucket.com/user/…

In front of Monte Carlo - Paid Entertainer, note the dining tables in front of the coffee and Ice-cream shops:

…photobucket.com/user/…

Aerial view of the next phase of construction, "The Park", between the two properties:

…photobucket.com/user/…

While that might look bad, it really isn't. Here's the sidewalk used between the two properties in front the "The Park", no issues at all:

…photobucket.com/user/…

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction still going on in front of Monte Carlo/NYNY?

Thanks for the photos ...very helpful! Looks good so far. I was thinking this was going to be a big mess like it was (and maybe still is) where the Quad was being transformed from the old Imperial Palace.