We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deuce/SDX questions

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Deuce/SDX questions

I will be staying at the signature and need to get to the Mandalay bay convention centre for 3 days in a row. Am I best off getting the Deuce/SDX from Excalibur or Monte Carlo - which is quickest to walk to from the Sig? And I noticed on the map that the convention centre is on the southern end of MB… so am I better off getting off at the MB stop or the Four seasons stop? I also seen that I can walk to Excalibur and catch the free tram to MB…. what is my best option overall? Bearing in mind it will be next month and pretty hot outside so i'd like to keep walking to a minimum.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,586 Reviews
from US$399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,063 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
390 Reviews
from US$499.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
577 Reviews
from US$369.99*
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,137 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deuce/SDX questions

Hi there,

Order of priority would be

1] Bus from MC stop to Four Seasons stop.

2] Excalibur tram to MB and walk on both sides. The walk from MB stop to convention is fully AC.

3 ]Bus from Excalibur stop to Four Seasons stop. Too much walking for a paid ride.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deuce/SDX questions

If you're attending meetings, convention, or some sort of event with a formal start time, you might want to take a taxi from your hotel TO the convention center so as not to arrive late, winded, sweaty, etc, and save the walking, trams & buses for the return trip to The Sig when you can take as little or much time as you like.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Deuce/SDX questions

Agree with Jim. Take a cab and arrive relaxed and comfortable. It's not like it will make a huge dent in your budget.

At other times of the year perhaps consider other options but not in summer.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 10:31
Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deuce/SDX questions

Thanks Erik, that was very helpful and exactly the info I was looking for. I just checked the cab fare and had no idea it would only be $10, so I might see how hot it is, and if it's bearable I will do the walk/deuce thing and if it's too hot, take a cab in the morning and bus it back early evening. Thankyou all for your help :)

5. Re: Deuce/SDX questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16