We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noise from Harmon "demolition"?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Noise from Harmon "demolition"?

I saw some pictures (and an article) posted on Vegas Chatter today showing the progress of the deconstruction of the Harmon. Has anyone stayed at the Cosmo in the last week (or is there now)? I'm curious how much noise is being generated by the work. My family and I are staying at the Cosmo in about 3 weeks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noise from Harmon "demolition"?

*coughity bump*

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noise from Harmon "demolition"?

There is no way we can really help. It depends on what they are doing when you are there. I may be there the week before, while they are working on the inside of the building, and not hear a thing. You could have the same room the next week, when they are using jackhammers outside and hear noise all day.

If you are really worried about it, switch hotels. Or wait until you get there, and if you have noise issues request another room.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noise from Harmon "demolition"?

It's Vegas, and especially in a situation like this, you pays your money and takes your chances.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noise from Harmon "demolition"?

Was there Sunday and Monday. Didn't even hear any noise when walking past the Harmon other than the normal strip noise. Certainly didn't hear anything at Cosmo. But then we were on the north side of the west tower on the 45th floor.

5. Re: Noise from Harmon "demolition"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:17