We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can you love LOVE?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
407 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How can you love LOVE?

IMHO....

I think general public will love Mystere, O, Ka...

Last trip to Vegas, we watched Zarkana and Love.

I know Beatles but don't know too much about them.... After few minutes into the show, I wanted to walk out. Maybe it will get better as time passes so I stayed but I was falling asleep.

I really wanted to ask for my money back after the show...even though I got 2 for 1 price for the show.

Next day we tried Zarkana and we said... this is Cirque du Soleil show!

I am not sure how Beatles Love is surviving with this show... felt really sorry for the show.

I know some people love this show but for average Joe....I think LOVE is let down.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can you love LOVE?

would guess if you like the Beattles its your thing..if not, then why go even at 1/2 off?

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can you love LOVE?

It's easy....:)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
891 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can you love LOVE?

I with you kaesan21...I love the Beatles, but do not like Love at all. I actually prefer Zarkana as well!

IMHO, i think there is just way too much going on during Love, but not enough acrobatics. Whereas Zarkana is more of a traditional CDS show.

Indiana
Level Contributor
989 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can you love LOVE?

Wasn't my favorite cirque show but I enjoyed it.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can you love LOVE?

To each his own I guess. I thought Love was by far and away the most entertaining of the several Cirque shows I've seen, both in music and visuals. The dozen or so friends and family who I've either taken or sent to the show all unanimously agree with me.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,075 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can you love LOVE?

LOVE is the FAVORITE of many who don't like the traditional Cirque shows, including myself. 90 minutes of acrobatics, special effects and synchronized swimming is boring to some of us. LOVE gives us another option.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
407 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can you love LOVE?

Maybe it is due to jet lag but Zarkana, I didn't feel that way at all.

Maybe LOVE was just having a bad day? Maybe...

Level Contributor
2,030 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How can you love LOVE?

We just got back from seeing Love...I felt let down after ready some reviews here. I didn't grow up with the music and honestly only enjoyed a few of the songs. I didn't care for the theater lay out either...it's seperated by four curtains at some points and there were some moments we simply couldn't see. All in all Mystere is still our favorite. I'm glad we saw the show though and if you did grow up with the music, I'm sure you'd enjoy it. One little side note...the chairs are smaller than most. I'm a big guy and usually don't have this issue...but in this theater, the arm rests were pushing in on me quite a bit and I was glad to be sitting between people I knew. Never had this problem in any other Cirque theater.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 22:43
Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
1,343 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How can you love LOVE?

Love is a unique show...

For the benefit of other readers, here's some facts about the show:

1. It has been running since 2006

2. The theater where it is staged was built especially for the show at a cost of approximately $100million

3. There are over 6,000 loudspeakers in the theater

4. The show is a co-production between CDS and Apple Corps- the Beatles' company, and it is approved by the surviving members of the Beatles and the widows of the deceased members

5. The show only plays in Las Vegas, in the specially designed theater

It is a unique and audacious show, which tells the story of the Beatles - in CDS style - as well as showcasing their music

In my view, it delivers a unique experience, and it's a great show- but possibly not for everyone!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How can you love LOVE?

I've seen LOVE literally dozens of times. We, and all of our guests, find the show fantastic.

But it is a matter of opinion. Like a certain body part, everyone has one.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it.