We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary in Vegas...

Forked River, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary in Vegas...

My husband and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversry while we are out there in Sept. I did mention that fact when I made our reservation at the Flamingo( it is already a 5 night comp on a Fab room due to our previous play in A.C. and Vegas). Is there a likelihood that we could get a complimentary upgrade at check in? Has anyone been in a similar situation ? Just curious what the outcome was and whether there is a preferable technique.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,605 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary in Vegas...

It never hurts to mention a special event, but be aware that everyone else is mentioning one too. :)

Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, first trip to Las Vegas, divorce,...the hotel desk clerks hear it all day every day.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary in Vegas...

Personally. I think you should pay and upgrade.

Our GO room with a view was great. I've heard nothing but the GO rooms should be had over the FAB rooms- every time.

I learned on TA the GO rooms, on Bill's side (back then), above 20th floor, rooms with even #'s- 46-60 had best views in the Hotel.

And it was a great view of fountains

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary in Vegas...

I've stayed in a Fab Room on a guys' trip and it was fine for that. A clean place to sleep was all that was required and we could put up with the ageing Motel 6 style bathroom for a few nights. The bathrooms weren't renovated along with the rooms and you can certainly tell!

But for a romantic occasion with my wife, I wouldn't come close to considering staying in one. Definitely look at booking a Go Room even if it means paying. Comped isn't always the best option.

Edited: 28 June 2014, 09:10
Pearson, Georgia
Level Contributor
72 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary in Vegas...

Yeah u can almost always get an upgrade if u ask... I always tip first then ask and they are very helpful....we always go for our anniversary every year, but I don't mention it unless they ask. I know they hear it all the time.. Have fun though! Hope u get an upgrade!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary in Vegas...

There are plenty of times when you cannot get an upgrade, either for free or paying for it. If your stay includes a weekend you chances decrease. You need to determine if you will be happy if end up with exactly the room you booked. If not, then book (and pay for) something that will work for you.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
240 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary in Vegas...

Would be cool if the "Moral Police" would stay out of these type of posts. OP simply asked a question pertaining to their situation. Didn't ask for the "Holier Than Thou" crowd to opine on paying for upgrades.

7. Re: Anniversary in Vegas...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17