We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I just can't eat it all

St. Louis
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I just can't eat it all

I want to eat it all but I can't! I am visiting Aria and Bellagio Buffets using Myvegas rewards.

If you have visited these buffets what is your favorite dish! I will seek it our and try it! I am allergic to shellfish, so if seafood was your favorite, pick your next favorite.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,581 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I just can't eat it all

Why would my favorite dish be your favorite dish? Can't you just walk around and take a taste of something that appeals to you? I thought that was the point of going to a buffet.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 03:54
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
813 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I just can't eat it all

I agree with Irish here ... lol ... just go thru and make your own tasting menu ... you don't have to fill up those great big whole plates they give you and you can have as many or few as you want and it free so no guilt about not getting your $$$'s worth

Dallas
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I just can't eat it all

Not shellfish, but close?

I think my favorite at the Aria Buffet was the little fry basket that contained a small serving of fish & chips.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 04:10
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I just can't eat it all

Make a trip around the buffet to see what looks good to you. Both Aria and Bellagio had really good squash soup (Aria had hazelnut/squash soup), but it might be a seasonable item.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I just can't eat it all

I realize your favorite dish may not be mine, but if it were up to me I always make the fatal mistake of going straight for the fried chicken, mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. Then, I am stuffed and can't try anything else. So, I figure if I could get an idea of some others favorite dishes, I could broaden my horizons and try it. Some things just don't look appetizing to me, but they could be delicious. Believe me, I am not a picky eater at all, but since I am mostly a one plate eater, I want to focus on the "highlights" of the buffet. Maybe someone goes to the buffet and says, "when I go to Aria I go straight for the duck." Hmm.... Duck? And then I try and it and I am wowed. Or not.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,975 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I just can't eat it all

Why go to a buffet? They are disgusting. Go to a decent restaurant and order what you want.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I just can't eat it all

Butternut squash soup sounds totally yummy! Soup is an item I would normally pass up.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I just can't eat it all

I am the oppostie of goodbeer. I don't want to be stuck with a lot of something I ordered and then didn't like. I like little tastes of different things and then I can get more of something if it is really good.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 04:30
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,702 posts
1,304 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I just can't eat it all

Maybe make a second run, and pack it off to the room?

Hunt

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I just can't eat it all

The Aria buffet had a tandoor oven and some other Indian dishes that I enjoyed but don't usually see at a buffets.