We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olives??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Olives??

Has anyone been there lately? Would you recommend it ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olives??

Not been there lately, but would certainly recommend it. Request a patio seat when booking.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olives??

Defo. Food was lovely & if you get there early and nab a patio spot its breathtaking, what a way to have dinner.

Mansfield, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olives??

The beef carpaccio is to die for :D! The cocktails are pretty good too and definitely try for the patio table.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olives??

Note that only the European visitors are responding. You'll be hard pressed to find so many favorable responses from diners on this side of the pond. Olives is a mediocre excuse for dining in a lovely setting. Todd English has elevated "mailing it in" to a high art form. So many better choices...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
928 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olives??

I, too, was underwhelmed by the food at Olives. As noted, the view is wonderful, but Todd English fails to deliver at this location. It is unfortunate, as we enjoy the food at his Food Hall in New York City at the Plaza hotel. Definitely better food options out there.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olives??

Olives is great on a beautiful day out on the patio for a nice leisurely lunch. Inside, tables are crushed together, and not worth it, imo.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olives??

We enjoy Olives though I prefer the lunch menu.

The food is good for the price and the portions are not big, therefore I can manage three courses and pig out on the breads and tapas.

We usually book a late lunch table and enjoy a few Bellinis while waiting for the patio. That way we can usually stretch the meal out and see the first couple of fountain shows.

I don't like sitting inside. It's far to cramped.

As we go to Vegas in Spring or Autumn it's not to hot for us.

Sandra b

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olives??

I'm also thinking of booking for Olives and have heard quite good things! What time would people recommend getting there for a patio seat? Evening meal :)

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Olives??

ThAnks! One last question- r reservations required to have dinner on the patio?

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Olives??

ThAnks! One last question- r reservations required to have dinner on the patio?