We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store near the strip?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store near the strip?

We're off to Vegas in less than 3 weeks! Cannot wait! Now this may be an odd Vegas question but hubby and I love snacks/appies in the afternoon with our cocktails while we chill in the hotel room before we head out for the evening again. We've hit the Walgreens and CVS for cheese and crackers. But I was wondering if there's a decent grocery store near the strip or at least one we can cab to? I also love to pick up US goodies we can't get in Canada to take back home ( dry goods of course). Can anyone let me know where a good grocery store is? Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

It's not an odd question, it's one that's asked weekly if not more often. :)

The Strip is miles long so without knowing where you're staying I'll just suggest using Google maps. Go to google.com, select "maps" and enter the name of your hotel. Then use the "search nearby" link to find a grocery store.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

Thanks IrishFan, We're staying at the Encore. What are the names of grocery stores? I'm not familiar with them in Las Vegas/Nevada.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

You don't need the name to do a google search. You literally enter "grocery store" in the "search nearby" box.

(Vons, Albertson's and maybe Smith's will be the ones that show up. Whole Foods is more upscale but is on the opposite end of things from Encore)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

Von's on Maryland and Twain is the closest grocery store to Encore.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

There's also a Target on Maryland (not far from Vons) that has groceries. And you'll find other things that you might not find at Target in Toronto.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 02:48
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

I stocked up on soft drinks and other snacks at Target when I was in Vegas.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

There is also a Whole Foods just south of Mandalay Bay on Las Vegas Blvd. If you want to take anything back to Canada, that is the place you want to get it from. They are way better than Vons, Walmart, Target, Albertsons, etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

Thanks all! Checked out the weekly flyer from Albertson's and Von's already and prices are great--especially for liquor! I'm actually looking forward to hitting the grocery stores. I thought I had read somewhere that one of the Von's is older and there is a newer, bigger one. Can anyone let me know where the newer one is?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

the "older" Vons is the one at Tropicana and Maryland Pkwy.

The newer and larger Vons is the one at Twain and Maryland Pkwy.

The Albertson's at Flamingo and Maryland Pkwy is a little newer than the old Vons, but is also pretty small.

Smith's at Sahara and Maryland Pkwy is comparable to the newer Vons, but is further from Encore.

For food you might not find in Canada, you might want to go to Seafood City, a grocery store on Maryland Pkwy just north of Flamingo -- it is Asian-Filipino, and has a lot of "exotic" foods. And a very good bakery (Red Ribbon).

10. Re: Grocery store near the strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16