We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

kent
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

Hi

Can anyone please reccomend a gran canyon tour company for a helicopter tour please ?

Many thanks

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

Maverick and Papillon are two that I believe have good reputations. The helicopters out of Vegas will go to the West rim of the Canyon. If you wish to go to the South rim you will have to take a plane,drive or take a tour bus. have fun

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

I strongly recommend you visit South Rim at Grand Canyon National Park rather than the inferior tourist trap at Grand Canyon West which is where any helicopter tour out of Vegas will take you.

Read this forum's Top Questions section for more information.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,616 posts
1,875 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

If you are short of time then the helicopter tours taking you to the west rim can be done in half a day.

Papillon and Maverick are the best of the bunch.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

Ibrin,the West Rim is neither inferior nor is it a tourist trap anymore then Las Vegas is a tourist trap. Okay,so maybe anything paid for in a tourist area is a tourist trap. Not sure about that one. The West is just different. It is not as scenic as the South but is still quite beautiful. And the Skywalk is absolutely awesome. And for $30 is well worth it in my opinion. The West is much closer so takes less time out of the day. Enjoy your trip whichever way you go. I just want you informed.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,526 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

Tjp60, have you ever been to the Grand Canyon National Park?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,090 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

Please read the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page.

Are you looking for a Grand Canyon experience? Or a ride in a helicopter?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

"Tjp60, have you ever been to the Grand Canyon National Park"

Irish: I already asked him that question:

"Joanner,I really don't. I know its the most scenic part of the canyon system,hands down. I'm not able to look at scenery for more then about an hour or so. I'm more of a mechanical type I suppose. I do take one scenery tour (red rock,valley of fire,etc) each trip because my wife is a scenery person. If I spent 4-5 hours driving someplace to look at scenery it would drive me nuts. And I realize that many absolutely love looking at scenery and will do almost anything to satisfy their urge,but its just not for me. I watched as the Tillman bridge was being built and that was a kind of thing that trips my trigger.lol Different strokes."

8. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter - tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16