We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

We're almost ready to cash in our MyVegasRewards points and I'd like to hear your opinions. We'll be seeing Love at the Mirage and I would like to use points for dinner there. Is the rodizio at Samba worth the extra $$ or would you stick with a free dinner buffet?

For reference-DH is a huge carnivore, I am a fairly light eater. How does Samba compare to something like Texas de Brazil?

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

When we stayed at the Mirage in 2011 we ate at their buffet once and swore we would never go back. It was (in our opinion) one of the worst buffets we have been to. Go with the restaurant. Again, this is just our opinion.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
649 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

I am anxious to hear other's opinions on this restaurant as well. We were trying decide between, Rodizio, Mirage buffet, Ballagio buffet or the Aria buffet.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

The rodizio at Samba is very good. It is A LOT of food, but you decide what you want and how much. It is just something different than typical buffet fare. I am not a fan of buffets, so I am a bit biased.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

Thanks for the replies! To be perfectly honest I'm not super excited about either, but I'm the kind of person who eats a PB&J and an orange and calls it dinner. The rodizio would be a treat for DH since we rarely have steak at home. This is going to be a cheaper trip and I have to admit that I'm very attracted by the free aspect of the buffet.

Is Samba dressy? My husband ranks dressing up right up there with a trip to the dentist. If a tie is required my decision will be made for me.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,183 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

>Is Samba dressy?

Nope. Apart from a few clubs and *very* high end restaurants there are no dress codes anywhere in Las Vegas.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,183 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

>We were trying decide between, Rodizio, Mirage buffet, Ballagio buffet or the Aria buffet.

Samba is a good middle of the road restaurant, pretty much just like every other Rodizio place but with a limited ala carte menu as well.

Of the three buffets, I'd rank them Bellagio, Aria, Mirage. Bellagio can be annoying because of the crowds - it's been near the top of the buffets for years and draws long lines. I'd put Mirage toward the bottom of the "average" buffets, that include places like Spice Market and Paris. Aria is interesting - it seems to be trying to steer a course between the "foodie" style of the Cosmopolitan and the more popular/traditional approach of Bellagio. Also, they have a tandoor, which is what drew us there the first time.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

I really want to try to stick with restaurants at the Mirage. What about Portofino? If we're going to BOGO that menu has more appeal for me although DH would probably prefer the churrascaria. We're not expecting to be blown away but I'd like it to be edible!

Jacksonville,FL
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

I was wondering the same thing although my opinion is a little different than those expressed already.

I stayed and ate at the Mirage last July (2013)....was impressed with the buffet for dinner (and I have eaten at the Wynn , Bellagio, Paris, and Rio previously). I then went to Vegas in March of this year (2014) and ate at the Aria, Mandalay Bay, and Monte Carlo buffets.

We are going to stay at the Mirage later this month (July 2014 thanks to comped rooms) and are looking forward to going back to the Mirage buffet. Using myvegas we will probably do dinner one night there and lunch another day unless we decide for the Rodizio instead of the Tender steakhouse at the Luxor that we thought we would try this time (again with myvegas rewards).

The Bellagio lunch my vegas reward was totally worth it because it was a good buffet and it came with a line pass so I would consider doing it again but otherwise I think Mirage was just as good as the other "top buffets" mentioned by other people and my husband (also a big meat eater) preferred the Mirage over the Aria or Mandalay Bay. He liked the Wynn probably the best but we paid for it....and it was pricey ...compared to free for the others I mentioned with myvegas.

9. Re: Free Buffet or Rodizio BOGO with MyVegas at Mirage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16