We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

Firstly I know this kind of question gets asked all the time so don't shoot me down please!

Going to be staying in both of these hotels in September MGM for 4 nights Tuesday - check out Saturday, then Mirage for 3 nights Saturday - check out Tuesday. I know weekends are a busier and rooms rates go up so chances of an upgrade maybe smaller. We have booked a Grand Queen at the MGM and a resort queen at Mirage.

My question is if we wanted to ask for an upgrade what would be our options at both? I'm not expecting a suite or anything by the way. But maybe a nice view.

Thanks

Edited: 12 July 2014, 12:11
Canada
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

At MGM, the next step up is the Executive Queen Suite (mgmgrand.com/hotel/executive-queen-suite.aspx). Very nice room with lots of room at a pretty good price.

At Mirage, the next step up is the Resort Tower King (www.motion-vr.net/mirage/tour.aspx…) but given you're looking for queen beds, it would be the Hospitality Suite with 2 bedrooms (1 King and 2 queens) (mirage.com/files/floorplan-hospitality.pdf) given the Mirage Suite (the basic suite) only has a King bed (mirage.com/files/floorplan-miragesuite.pdf). If you can score that one (hospitality) for free, you're good!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

Thanks, like I said I'm not expecting to get a suite for nothing.

We'd be happy with a high floor/good view. So is it best to wait to see what floor they allocate us to at both hotels and then ask if these a chance of a high floor/strip view?

Are there certain floors at either hotel that we should ask for?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

At Mirage, ask for a south facing POOL view rather than strip view. The strip view rooms face the front of the hotel and therefore just look across the street. Where the south facing pool view rooms look down across the strip and will give you that classic view. I don't think there's a certain floor to ask for - just as high as possible. This will cut off at around floor 23, as everything above that is king rooms or suites.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
357 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

In mid-June, I reserved a Premier King Room with a Strip View and asked for an upgrade at check-in. All they had were a Spa Suite at an additional $60 - too rich for my blood. But the hotel was packed, so maybe that's why there was such a steep grade upward.

HERTS
Level Contributor
125 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

I've got a grand king booked at the MGM,

Anyone know the best floor to ask for a decent view.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,043 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

At MGM Grand ask for a room on floor 23 or below. Otherwise your windows will be covered with the David Copperfield banner which mars the view somewhat. Go on room77.com it will show you a floor plan with the best room #'s to book for MGM and Mirage.

HERTS
Level Contributor
125 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

Thanks PrisfromLa

8. Re: Upgrading at MGM and Mirage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:16