We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Websites to book flights but pay later??

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Websites to book flights but pay later??

Hi,

I'm looking to book flights from UK to Las Vegas for next March but I'm looking websites that I can book now and pay later. Does anyone know the best airlines or websites to go to? Many thanks.

54 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

I'm not sure which ccompanies offer this when booking direct but I guess if you booked through a travel agent you may pay a deposit then have to pay the balance 12 weeks before departure.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,640 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

Most hotels allow you cancel 48 hours prior to arrival with no penalty. But they usually charge one night's rate to your credit card at the time you make the reservation. There is no airline that I no of that allows you to hold seats for more than 24 without paying.

There is not much reason for any travel company to offer the service you are seeking. What is the advantage for them to hold flights and hotel rooms for a customer who has made no financial commitment?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

I've never heard of a airline company who offers this option, they always demand people to pay upfront when booking your flight ticket.

Sorry.

Oxford
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

The only way I know of is if you book it as a holiday package they sometimes let you book now with a deposit and then pay the rest later.

I know I done a fly drive with Virgin Holidays and we could pay later, but we were hiring a car as well! I would imagine it would be the same if you done flights and hotel!

north london
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

If you book your flight and hotel with BA, you only pay a deposit now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

You can't book flights only with a deposit. You'd have to book it as part of a package, in which case most of the package operators (e.g. Virgin Holidays instead of Virgin Atlantic) would accept a deposit only to secure.

You won't see packages recommended much on here. But if you really can't pay for the flights upfront now (0% credit card maybe?) it may be your only option.

Edited: 15 July 2014, 13:14
Illinois
Level Contributor
207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

Bookit.com has a payment plan anywhere from 6 to 9 months with credit approval.

Illinois
Level Contributor
207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

Have to mention that I believe they are package deals however.

Illinois
Level Contributor
207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

Just took a look and they do flights only as well but has to be over certain amount.

London, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Websites to book flights but pay later??

Flights as far as I know are always paid in full on booking

Packages as with ba or virgin can be reserved with a £300 and £350pp respectively

Full amount has to be paid six weeks before departure but can be paid in installments depending on ones circumstances through their websites

I find the packages to be cheaper anyway for flight and hotel

This is only untrue if you are a frequent Vegas quite a lot so you get comped or really good deals on hotel rates through the various players cards ie mlife and total rewards

And then of course one accumulates air miles and the flights are even cheaper

Hope this helps

Reply to: Websites to book flights but pay later??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted