We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Topic
Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

Just found that there is the Super Mobile Show on that week, and then there is the Mayweather fight on Sep 13. We are checking out on the 12th. Any thoughts on whether the whole week might be super busy due to these events?

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

It seems Vegas is always busy for one reason or another. The weather should be glorious so you should be so glad to be there. September to mid October is my favorite time to be there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

That Convention it looks like only draws about 40,000 people compared to the biggest convention of the year CES which draws over 160,000 people.

I wouldnt expect it to be super busy the week you are there, the fight crowd will come in late in the week for the weekend.

The weekend you are there will be busier than the weekdays you are there, weekdays are generally very slow that is why room rates are so inexpensive those days, but even the weekend you are there follows a very busy weekend(Labor Day) so in my experience of 100's of visits as well as living there over 10 years that a weekend after a busy weekend is usually a slower than normal weekend. In your case you are sandwiched between two busy weekends.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 05:46
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

I was in Vegas in sept 2013 around the same dates. There was also a big fight the day after we checked out. It was quite quiet all week but we saw a big increase the Thursday night we assumed it was people coming in for the weekend and the fight. We flew out Friday morning.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

Thank you everyone for your advice.

The reason I asked is that I am booked at Caesars for the earlier part of that week, then we are staying at Wynn on Sep 10 and 11.

I called to see what the rate would be if we wanted to check in on Sep 9 and stay three nights instead of two. It was $449 for Sep 9, apparently due to the convention.

That's what made me wonder about the possibility of crowds...

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

Vegas will be in recovery mode on those dates as we fly home on the 5th. :-)

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

we are also in LV on the 3rd sept to the 12th sept. Hoping it will be quieter so we can enjoy more to see and do without fighting crowds, however on the flip side bring it on!!! so excited.

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

I will be there that week as it's the opening week of football season and in my past experiences it gets pretty busy opening NFL week

NC
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

Those are my dates as well, and it might appear very busy at times that week. More toward the end of the week though, w NFL starting and the fight. However, some of our fellow TA members are celebrating milestone birthdays that week so I know there will rowdy crowds at certain places at certain times during the week as well, lol.

9. Re: Will Vegas be super busy Sep 6 - Sep 12?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16