We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday Eve poker tourneys

Marshall, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Friday Eve poker tourneys

I've looked on pokeratlas and know when and where most of the 7-8pm tournaments are held. Would like to get some opinions which ones peeps like the best and for what reason. Leaning towards Aria's $125/buy in, 7pm. Thanks for any feedback.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,384 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

www.allvegaspoker.com has a truly comprehensive list of all the tourneys in Vegas.

Aria is my fav tourney--10K in chips, 30 min.. blinds, 25/50 starting blinds. Expect 8+ hrs. to cash.

I have heard that Orleans Friday night tourney gets a huge crowd; there is a free shuttle from Ballys to Orleans

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

Just so you know a lot of these poker tournaments give you a 2 hr window to join there tournaments so those which start at 7 you may have till 9 to sign up and I agree with arias 7pm tourney it's one of the best

Marshall, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

Thanks for the insight, was looking for upbeat atmosphere and a decent amt of entries, be stayin @2 Wynn but saw no evening tournament there

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

I concur that Aria is a good choice. if you happen to be there during any of the Venetian's Deepstack they run some 7pm tournies that are worth checking out

Canada
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

kbunde: allvegaspoker changed name to pokeratlas.

Venetian deepstack and Aria's $125 dailies are the only NL hold'em I will really want to attend. Mirage also has this deepstack every saturday morning (50K chips, blinds at 30 min, with 25K add-on). Takes patience and stamina and you better have slept a few hours the night before!

Rome
Level Contributor
199 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

As someone said, Orleans tournament is probably the best in town for friday evening.

Generally 200+ players (mostly locals), same 125$ buy-in.

General rule for Orleans tournament is 20 minutes first 3 levels, then 30 minutes going on.

I don't recall exactly if this is true for friday evening, too, or if it directly starts with 30 minutes levels (but I don't think so).

I've seen Mike "The mouth" Matusow once, busted out quite fast (not at my table).

As I said, plenty of locals there, many good players but many others not having any idea about playing good poker but still throwing 125$ friday after friday.

Pretty aggressive play, though.

Cocktails are not Aria level, but not so bad (dedicated cocktail lady, so generally fast service)

London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

The Aria tournament is a great structure if you want bang for your buck. The stack size and 30 minute levels gives you a chance to play poker for a decent length of time and build a stack gradually. I was there in February and the tournament was getting over 100 runners on a Wednesday and Thursday, so a Friday in summer should see a decent field and good prize pool.

8. Re: Friday Eve poker tourneys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:15