We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things you must pack for Vegas...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Things you must pack for Vegas...

Hello all,

I will be going to Vegas for the first time in February (40th birthday!!). What are some things you must pack for your trip?? I am a female but guys can give helpful tips also :o)

Thanks in advance.

Cincy
Level Contributor
509 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

Chapstick

Comfortable Shoes

Lotion

I tend to dry out in the desert and I tend to walk a lot.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
576 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

Very Comfortable Shoes....You do so much more walking then you even think you are going to do. Vegas is the one place I really like to dress up, hair and makeup, but no high heels...LOL

Vancouver
Level Contributor
698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

Crocs and a fanny pack .............

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

3 clothespins to keep the drapes closed. The sun comes up awful early when you've been out till all hours the night before. lol

Forked River, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

Sunglasses and a brimmed hat. Even in the winter months if the sun is out it can be very bright and bother your eyesight . Also moisturizing eye drops. My eyes tend to get very dry and irratated in the desert, drops help.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

Moleskin. My husband "broke in" a new pair of sandals for a couple weeks before our trip. By the end of the first day, he had blisters on both feet. That stuff saved our vacation! Also a small crossover purse. You don't need to take much with you. Money and ID is all you need.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

In February, the weather is kind of unpredictable, so bring layers. But wind and sun are likely, so bring lip balm and sunglasses.

Bring a small shoulder bag. I have my "gambling purse" which is one of those small wallet size purses on a long cross body strap. It's big enough to hold sunglasses, a small fold over wallet for cash, credit cards and room key, phone, lip balm, small handcomb and some throat lozenges. It's nice to be able to walk around or gamble hands free but still have my money in a relatively safe spot on my person.

Aspirin or your favorite analgesic, antacid, eye drops, throat lozenges..

Bring more money than you think you'll need, and bring some small change as there's a lot of tipping to be done especially on day of arrival and day of departure.

I bring my own portable one cup coffee maker for the room and some single serving filter packs as the vast majority of rooms don't offer coffee makers, and I like to have my cup first thing when I awake.

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

Thank you all for the tips. I hope these next six months fly by. So ready to go!!

swansea
Level Contributor
763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

Dry eyes drops

10. Re: Things you must pack for Vegas...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 16:35