We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Hi everyone.. Just got back from the Venetian, stayed 5 nights. We r not gamblers nor night club people, we visited most of the strip, freemont st, las Vegas sign etc..if you guys have any questions, fire away, I WILL.try to answer to the best of my ability :) have a great day!

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

How did you enjoy the Venetain? We stayed there on our Honeymoon & enjoyed it, that was 5 years ago though. How did you get to the Vegas sign, taxi, bus, car, limo? If taxi or limo ,the cost please.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 15:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Welcome back! Hope you had a great holiday! Where are your top tips as places to eat? We are headed to the venetian next month. What did you make of the pool? What type of room did you have?

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Curious what you thought of Fremont street? I'm going for 4 nights for the first time in August, might save Fremont for the next visit.

Petersfield...
Level Contributor
270 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Does fremont street show still start at 6pm and is it every night? Also how did you get to the Vegas sign?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

What type of room did you have? What was the bathroom like.. And the toiletries ? Did you have a strip view ? Did you do the $20 tip thing lol.

Did you hear any foot noise at night?

How was the pool, plenty of loungers? .... Noisy or quiet?

Lots of questions, but I'm trying to decide whether we should stay at the ven/pal or return to the Wynn.... Did like it but not overly keen on the peachy decor.

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Hi <vegassavy> We absolutely loved the Venetian by far one of the nicest hotels on the strip. We took the Deuce bus to Mandalay Bay and walked down south of LasVegas blvd for 20 min..and another 20 min back to the bus stop..(only to find out at a later date that the SDX also can drop you off 5 min away) when we asked our hotel concierge as well as the concierge at the Mandalay they both told us no other means of transportation.. Go figure! the walk was brutal as it was way to hot. (nearly fainted)... I would think the cost of a taxi would probably be around 15$ but I'm guessing! we took a taxi to the North premium outlets and it costed 22$ there and $18 to return and the north outlets are bit further than going to the sign!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Hi <emmadn> Thank you!!!!! since it was our first trip we made no restaurant reservations as we wanted to explore the strip as much as we could and visit the main attractions not too feel tide down as to get up and leave to rush for supper.. so when ever we felt hungry we would stop at the nearest restaurant or food court..we ate at the Grand Lux Cafe (Venetian) and it was excellent -- Their waffles are to die for!! The Bouchon was also very good but quite pricey, but then again your in Vegas..Morels at the Palazzo also a great choice and of course one of my favorites Mon ami gabi at the Paris Hotel.. If you can get a seat on the terrace you will love it, as you will get to see the Bellagio fountains right across. we stayed at the Venezia Tower suites (bella suites) very happy.. There you have a small pool deck but I would reccommend you go to the Venetian Pool Deck on the other sides which was amazing.. I think there was 7 pools and there is also a beach club, when you check in they will provide you with a coupon 2 for 1 for access to the beach club.. lots of action and lots of fun.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Hi <jay001> we actually enjoyed it..freemont street is best to go at night as everything is lighten up and many free shows along the way.. there are a few interesting hotels like the Golden Nugget that offers a large shark aquarium and Billions (take a pic that you won 1,000.00.00 free of charge.) the ZIPLINE which is nice for a younger crowd lol.. there is also the heart attach Grill restaurant that looked awesome, every customer that walks in needs to wear a hospital gown and the waitress are dressed as nurses, the line up was insane!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Hi <Lucy R> the reply for your question for the sign is written above and yes some shows start at 6 pm but most are after 7 pm every night!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Questions? Just returned from the Venetian

Hi <ppmaiden> we stayed at the Venezia towers bella suite, beautiful suite, luxurious bathroom, toiletries were more than enough, and extremely quite,, as for the pools read my reply to <emmadn>.. plenty of loungers and even if you dont find one there is always someone there to help you find one. and no,there was no need to do the $20 thing as we were very satisfied with our suite and view.. Venetian for me was far one of the nicest hotels on the strip, we went to visit the Wynn it was beautiful but I fell in love with the amazing architecture.. The hotel uses Venice, Italy as its design inspiration and features architectural replicas of various Venetian landmarks! it was just amazing! Are you refering to the Venetian for the Peachy decor? lol