We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

Forgive me if this has been answered before. I'm going to ask my GF to marry me in two weeks and what I would like to do is this. Get up early in the morning, make a picnic breakfast to take with us. And then go someplace secluded where I can set up our little picnic and watch the sun come up together. I'm new to Vegas and don't know to many places around here. I checked out Floyd Lamb Park but they don't open until 8:00am and I think we need to be there at least by 5:00am. I've been to Red Rock, thats nice also but again they don't open until later. Can anyone suggest a nice place where we can be alone so I can pop the question at sunrise? Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
1,352 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

Congratulations and good luck!

Here's one idea: Lakeview Overlook at Lake Mead

It would be interesting to hear from others who have proposed in Las Vegas!

Bon voyage:)

nj
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

hope your girl is a morning person...5am is pretty drastic!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

If you're proposing at that time of the morning, I would suggest anywhere a long way from Vegas. Some of the sights at 5.00am are not pretty.

Why not try it at sunset rather than sunrise?

There would be plenty more places better suited!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

The reason for doing it a 5am is because this time of year it is not very hot outside at that time. Anywhere in Vegas at sunset is to hot to be outside comfortably. And yes, she is a morning person :)

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,157 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

Red Rock opens at 6 a.m. That's pretty close to your time frame.

blm.gov/nv/…hours.html

While further from Vegas, what about Valley of Fire? I know for a fact they have honor boxes for after and before hours admission.

PA
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

How about a sunrise hot air balloon ride. Wouldn't that be memorable?

https://www.vegasballoonrides.com/index.cfm

NZ
Level Contributor
687 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

I have been out to Valley of Fire at sunrise and it was spectacular. How exciting!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

Another vote for Valley of Fire. It's very dramatic in the morning or evening light.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

Dear Tandi,

I think you are so sweet to be so thoughtful about your proposal. How about having an early morning breakfast picnic near the pool area of your hotel? I saw some cute picnic blankets at Target the other day. You can then have a whole vacation worth of celebratory events.

Congratulations kids!

Lucia

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secluded sunrise breakfast picnic places.

Although the park isn't officially open, you can still legally get in from the back. Look for Red Spring Trailhead. It may or may not be open, but you can park along the roadside. The area is free. There's a nice boardwalk if she's not ready for hiking, or you can take the trail up the hills for some height and a better view of the sunrise.

As an alternative, check out Muffin Ridge right next to Red Rock. On Charleston, look for "Cowboy Trail Rides" on the left-hand side before hitting the entrance to Red Rock park. Check out the trail here: birdandhike.com/Hike/…_Muffin.htm

Relatively easy hike, should be open, and has the bonus of seeing fossils on the trail. Great view from the ridge of Vegas and the sunrise over the eastern mountain ridge.

Good luck/congrats!