We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas City, Texas
10 posts
Save Topic
Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

I'm planning a slightly romantic/upscale day for our family to end our trip on a high note. Our family is 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 other adults might be with us part or all of the time. I'm wanting a quintessential Vegas type of experience, like the streetmosphere acts and gondola ride at the Venetian, maybe some sorbetto somewhere, the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art, and Bellagio fountains. Those upscale tourist things most people only ever do once.

I'd really like some help filling in time expectations for the day, a few more things to do/alternatives if suggested, and, most especially, a good soy-free vegan meal recommendation. Well, technically, it can contain crustaceans but only one present will eat them so soy-free vegan is the base everyone can be happy with.

I looked at Bartolotta Ristorante Di Mare at the Wynn and was impressed that there were no fake meats on the vegan menu, but the reviews include a lot of people saying "meh," not being thrilled with the pasta which they say is the same as they can make at home, that the wait is often long even with reservations, the service is spotty while the hostesses are consistently called unhelpfully rude, and overall about half the reviewers don't seem to consider it worth the money. The ones who seem to say it is great are usually getting the signature family style fish meals and they give 4 and 5 star raves, but that clearly isn't our demographic.

I'd really love to hear some other ideas for what to see/do and where to eat!

-Boots

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

I was going to suggest Wynn Buffet. It has decent labelling and good variety of vegan options. More than you would find at any other buffet. We're vegetarian, but being vegan it will be more difficult to find food, although I'm guessing you could have tomato pasta for example. Wynn certainly has the most options, with Steve himself being a vegan I believe.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

If Bartolotta isn't good enough for you I'm kind of at a loss. Maybe you should stop reading reviews.

Take a look at Sinatra. I'm sure they have vegan dishes, as do all of the Wynn restaurants.

Texas City, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

It isn't that Bartolotta isn't "good enough" for us, but that their strength isn't where our interests are, so I was hoping for some suggestions of places that have strengths in those areas we're hoping for: strong on foods that aren't animal-based and strong on service.

I have the Wynn Buffet at the beginning of the trip because I've heard the same about it. I could move it to the last day, but I was hoping for a table service restaurant on that day.

I was disappointed to see that most of the Wynn restaurant veg*n choices were dependent on Gardein products. I haven't looked into breakfast at Trudeau yet because I'd rather eat lunch or dinner out, but if Trudeau gets phenomenal service/experience reviews then I'll put that as a strong Plan B and moving the day of the Wynn Buffet would be bumped to Plan C.

Nashville
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

It is off the strip, but Panevino has an INCREDIBLE vegan menu!! It's near the airport, about a 5 minute drive from Mandalay Bay. Check out their vegan menu online. My husband and I are vegan and it is hands down our favorite restaurant in the country. Incredible service too. Definitely a bit more upscale. Has an awesome view of the strip at night too.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,279 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

The vegan tasting menus at Bartolotta , Le Cave, Sinatra and Botero are excellent. They are bottom up authentic culinary inventions, not menu after-thoughts. The Wyncore is very proactive about vegetarian and vegan menus. Any upscale LV restaurant, like Picasso, Twist, Le Cirque, Nobu etc will accommodate a vegan, soy free menu. But I wouldn't recommend them for you. My opinion is that they would be crushingly boring for two kids.

If you looking for a showbissy quintessential experience, I would go for Il Postrino or Caneletto at the Venetian so the kids can see the gondolas etc. Tao is an option there as well. Border Grill at the Mandalay.

Julian Serano at Aria and they will definitely accommodate at Lemongrass and Sage.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 00:17
Encinitas...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

How romantic does it get with, "2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 other adults"?

And "Bellagio fountains. Those upscale tourist things most people only ever do once."

Seeing the fountain is upscale and only done once?

Edited: 29 July 2014, 00:24
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
769 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

Have to side with you on this one David. She seems really well..I don't want to be ungracious. The fountains are a one thing really got to me.

Every trip I make to Vegas is a brand new day and adventure. There are new things being built while you blink or so it seems.

The music/fountain show always made me goose bump up and tear up in my eyes. Its a memory each time for the file in my brain.

While I cannot comment on being vegan as i don;t understand it, I would highly suggest going to yelp.com and finding tons of information there. I think you will find reviews there also where you won't find bashing. Sometimes unfortunately snooty is what snooty gets. Good Luck and have fun on your trip. How do you know what you will be doing on all the rest of the days of your trip? Is it that monitored; why not let your hair down and just play it by ear and relax---just a suggestion.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
769 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

Bmmtpn nice review and it makes me want to take the trip to your fav spot! Thanks for posting such a nice and friendly response. I already copy and pasted into my next trip.

Nashville
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

It's well worth it! And even for non-vegans. My Dad said he had the best steak of his life there.

Texas City, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Upscale last day for vegan fam - What to see & where to eat?

Panevino looks like a great choice for us. Thank you, Bmbptn! I will look into Il Postrino, Caneletto, Tao, and Border Grill. I'm extremely grateful for the consideration of balancing our interests with the kids' that you offered, Luv2travelnow!

David, you made me laugh because in a certain respect, you're completely right. However, a relaxing day spent strolling hand in hand with my husband, taking in art, slightly cheesy Italian singing, fine food, hopefully some other things that I can fill in with the help of those here, and ending with a fountain light show seems exceptionally romantic to me. The trip is not a vacation but a work one, so the last day to "let our hair down" as sheilaannestuart said is exactly what I'm hoping for.

We're usually more of the national park and monument sort, and if it weren't for the heat and lack of time we'd be doing a circuit of Bryce, Zion, and the Grand Canyon. I'm glad to find things that are right up our alley but not what we'd be doing day in and day out to be able to end our trip. We're unlikely to do the gondola rides again or the fine art museum. They're a bit of an extravagance, especially for how little the cost gets with each. But we'll all enjoy them so it's something I'd like to do once. I'm looking forward to doing them together, giving us time to just enjoy being with each other before we get back to everyday life. It definitely makes my heart all a-flutter to take time to enjoy being in the moment with people who feel joyous, loved, and understood and who want to return that love and joy. :)

I'd love to hear what other things you'd suggest to fill out the currently sparse list of possibilities for that last day.