We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hand luggage

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Hand luggage

I am travelling to Las Vegas soon and I'm not 100% sure how the USA works (as it's my first time) but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are any limitations on make-up in your hand luggage when entering the USA and if you can take any through for that matter?

Thanks in advance :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hand luggage

There's still a 100ml limit on liquids (including creams and gels), but I believe powders are okay.

tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-liquids-r…

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hand luggage

Entering the US, you'll be subject to what you can and can't bring into the country as determined by US Customs. This applies to both checked bags and carry on.

The restrictions on what can be taken as carry on when boarding a flight in the US will be pretty much the same as what you'll be subjected to when taking a flight originating in the UK.

But definitely take a look at the TSA website in case of subtle differences here and there.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 18:31
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,683 posts
970 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hand luggage

Also, the limitations on liquids and gels will be at Security in the UK and then at the departing airport(s) in the USA.

Upon arriving in the USA, at the first point-of-entry (unless you fly out of DUB), you will need to clear US Customs (after US Immigration/Passport Control). If you are bringing the cosmetics for personal use, there should not be need to declare them, upon entering the USA.

Is there anything specific, that you are concerned might be an issue, either because of the type of substance, or the volume of that substance?

Good luck and fly safely,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,683 posts
970 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hand luggage

Also, there are some new restrictions/rules on electronic devices, especially when heading to the USA.

Take a look at: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7658241…

For a bit more detail.

Good luck,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,683 posts
970 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hand luggage

Also see: huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/06/tsa-electronic…

Hunt

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hand luggage

TSA. have an app that you can download on your mobile or ipad and you type in what it is you want to take and they let you know if it has to be checked or can be carried on. I always pack my makeup in hand luggage and put any liquid stuff eg mascara and gloss in my clear zipper bag. you can bring a clear zipped bag that measures 8"" x 7.5"" which is approx 1 quart bag size. I find this plenty for all my liquids inc mini fragrance and face masks for flight etc. I am a beauty junkie so have learnt to pack like a pro when it comes to beauty stuff.

Lancaster NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hand luggage

All of the standard TSA rules apply....I ALWAYS carry my makeup with me...gel, liquid, powder. I usually keep it in a separate makeup bag or baggie...because if there's a problem that I'm unaware of I can quickly take it out and take care of it

With my nose in a...
Level Contributor
776 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hand luggage

Put all your 100ml or less liquids into a medium sized ziplock bag. It has to be able to close.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/h…

9. Re: Hand luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:16