We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Company??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Company??

Hello TA Family,

We are visiting Vegas mid August and are planning on taking my mother in law on a helicopter flight over Grand Canyon. I have been before and was fortunate to see the South Rim and stay overnight near by however this time around we only have three nights. My partner is taking his mum on another helicopter flight in Hawaii so I am taking her on this one. I have had a look at Papillon, Maverick and Sundance and unsure why there is such a large price difference between Papillon and Maverick for what appears to be the same itinerary. We have decided on doing a tour which includes the landing and is the sunset flight so that we get to see the strip in all its glory. Papillon is $394 whereas Maverick is $599. Can anyone please advise is Maverick offers a different experience as from looking at both websites they seem to offer the same. Any advise from any fellow travellers and their experience would also be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Company??

Anyone??

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Company??

Maverick & Sundance are much the better option. Pay the money and pick one.

I've deleted what I was gonna type RE Papillon.

Cheers

Davy !!!

Edited: 01 August 2014, 23:13
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,880 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Company??

Call Maverick and ask them why they are more expensive.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Company??

thanks

Mexico City
Level Contributor
78 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Company??

We just did a Grand Canyon South rim helicopter tour with Papillon/Grand Canyon Helicopters and were very happy with the tour. We drove to the south rim, and then took the tour there. Good luck!

6. Re: Helicopter Company??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:16