We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day tour that combines Hoover dam and GC- South Rim

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Best day tour that combines Hoover dam and GC- South Rim

We will be in Las Vegas for 2 nights/3days from the 25 to the 27 of August and want to spend a day visiting Hoover Dam and GC. I am completely confused by all options provided by the tour operator companies and would like advice on which tour operator should we go with. I have also been told that it will be extremely hot at this time of the year. Please can I also have advice on whether it is worth going to GC in the extreme heat.

Thanks,

Monika

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day tour that combines Hoover dam and GC- South Rim

The Grand Canyon is at 7,000 foot elevation and a completely different climate than Las Vegas.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day tour that combines Hoover dam and GC- South Rim

I have no experience with tours but I've noted that Grand Adventures gets great reviews. So you could start by checking them. As Irishfan stated, GC South Rim is at a high elevation so has a milder climate in Summer than LV and the lower elevations on the way. It could be rather warm but not sweltering heat. Definitely worth a day trip if you can't stay overnight.

3. Re: Best day tour that combines Hoover dam and GC- South Rim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 07:16