We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

Looking for a venue for a 20th anniversary party. Main criteria is a fun atmosphere, nothing sterile or overly formal, and a view would be great. Open to any budget options. Wondering if a penthouse with catered appetizers and cocktails would be a good idea?? Would be during summer month.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

I have seen people on this board do this for small wedding receptions. Some hotels have hospitality suites which might work. You might try the search option for suites and see what comes up.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

we did our wedding reception in a Metropolitan Suite at the Flamingo our view was Caesars, Bellagio and the Cosmo

Barrigada, Mariana...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

Had my 40th Bday party in a Boulevard Suite a PH overlooking the Bellagio fountains. Great venue and plenty of room. My wife had it catered, we brought all our own alcohol, and she even rented a margarita machine for the night ;0)

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

Skyview Terrace Suite at MGM

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

Thank you all!

canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

skyloft with your own butler 24/7

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

The "E" suite in what used to be THEhotel has a lot of space. Not sure what Delano is calling it or what it looks like now. Here's what it looked like in Dec 2012...

…photobucket.com/user/…

nj
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

check out mandalay bay's vista view suite!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
780 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

I'm planning to do the same for our 20th, which is still 2 years away, and am thinking about a Wraparound Terrace Suite at Cosmo.

For those of you who have said you've done similar and had food catered - did you have to do it thru the hotel or did you use someone outside? If outside, did they deliver or did you have to pick food up?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private venue for 20-30 people. Penthouse?

I've stayed in the E Penthouse at THEHotel per MarkDC's recommendation and it would definitely be enough space for 20-30 people, in fact I stayed in exactly the same one 62906. It is actually rated for 30 people so you should have no problems there. Was fun having all that room for just myself and my gf. The #'s for those rooms end in 904 and 906 on the 60-62nd floor. While I think they are just called Penthouses now, I would call the hotel and specifically ask for those rooms as when you book online it is for the smaller versions of these pents that do not have views. You could also look into the T Suite which is slightly smaller but has head on strip views those are numbered 803 and 809. There is also a larger L suite #905 and 903 which overlooks the 15 fwy.

I'd would also look into a Skyloft. In fact I am pitching that idea for a family reunion to be hosted there. You get the butler service, it is far from stuffy, and you will have an amazing time utilizing the amenities the Skylofts provide. FYI you will need to book the 2 Bedroom as the 1 Bed does not have enough space devoted to the living room. Half the suite is bedroom/bathroom. The same goes for the 2 bedroom, however the 1st floor is about 1500 sq/ft with multiple living rooms/couches, etc which would provided enough room for 30 (which is about the number I would be hosting for the reunion).

Cosmo's East End Penthouses might also be a good fit. Not sure of the price ranges on these but I think they are around Skyloft territory. Benefit to these are the balconies and no one can call Cosmo stuffy. Plus Cosmo does have the best views in all of Vegas.

Hope this helps you.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 17:28