This is my second question of the day. I am looking for a rental car arriving with plane at airport Las Vegas for my road trip. Past days I have been browsing online and found just like in Miami last year Sixt is by far the cheapest, but again has the most negative reviews besides the lesser known car rental places. Also the fact sixt at las vegas is not situated on the airport but a cross the making you wait for a shuttle or you have to call for one. Anyway lots of negative reviews.
I have to say my experience with Sixt in Miami was not negative. It was smaller then i expected and i did have to ask for another car because my 2 big suitcase would not fit in the appointed ifar suv vw tiguan. They gave me 2 other options after asking but did tell me to hurry. Unlike other rental company's you get to pick you own car which i like better. I saved about 250 dollars with them, and returning the car was no issue at all. I even received status of car in email later saying everything was ok. In the end i was a happy customer.
I loved driving SUV feeling more secure, safe and higher so I would like to do this again unless the price difference is very big. My 2 suitcase and 2 handbags have to fit in the trunk. In my calculations after looking all over of for all inclusive packages (ldw etc.) sixt was cheapest.
Prepaid about 570
Wit cancel option about 600
1. Pick up 09-23-2014 about 1:30 a.m.
2. Return 10-07-2014 about 7:30 p.m. perhaps even more early but I don't think that would make much of a difference. Meaning 15 days. I prefer to include things like ldw and third party damage insurance.
3. I do not need 2nd driver but if included you will not hear me complaining.
4. Yes I have a visa credit card aadvantage that includes ldw, but I have been reading loads of people getting into trouble when something when wrong. Also reserving credit card for this insurance makes me nervous.
5. Thinking about taking the option of Roadservice but I can add that always so do not bother
6. Prefer suv. 2 big suitcase have to fit including 2 handbags that you are allowed to take on plane.
Other option that is 160 dollars more expensive is Hertz with their all inclusive package code ADF 760 dollars. Annoyingly the also but some unclear "Miscellaneous location fee may apply at the counter" at the bottom of the bill. Leaving a big question mark. Other well known rental agency's like AVIS and Enterprice are extremely expensive and easily get to a 1000. Dollar car rental and thrifty i get to know the ldw and third party damage prices when I get there what I think is annoying. I want to know what I pay before I get there.
Are there any better suggestions. Of course the cheaper the better. I would not mind to pay tops 675 dollar if I end up with a more trustworthy and time saving company.
Last but also important question since I will be driving a Road trips to Los Angeles and san fransico etc how does it work with toll charges! I do not see this option anywhere on rental car websites.