We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ka or michael jackson one

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ka or michael jackson one

My husband and i saw mystere and we were not a fan of it. In the middle there was this baby act a few times, literally. It was so dumb. I know its all about opinions but what do pple think?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

The two shows are radically different so it's difficult to say which you'd enjoy more. If you're a fan of Michael Jackson's music then One is your better bet. If not, you'd very possibly enjoy KÀ more but I'm taking a very general overview in saying that.

If it makes you feel any better, the guy who portrayed the baby in Mystère passed away a couple of years ago.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

thanks. and of course it doesn't. not his fault it was dumb!! he was doing his job. but from what I was reading. looks like most pple liked mystere and we are one of the few that didn't.

Level Contributor
433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

I think you will enjoy MJ ONE over KA.

ONE is done very, very well even if you were never a big MJ fan. The performance for Man In The Mirror is beautiful.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

Any Cirque show that features that steel ferris wheel is as badly dated as Mystere is. KA has it. On the plus side, the flying arrows and the stages that are horizontal one moment and vertical the next are fascinating from an engineering standpoint.

MJ1 is the new and successful (enough) kid on the block.

And that adult baby WAS creepy. It doesn't matter who was playing him.

I'd rather see LOVE a third time than MolesterJackson1 for the first time or KA for the second time.

nj
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

if you like michael jackson's music i'd say ONE is the one!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

Have seen both KA (pre-accident) and MJ ONE. To me, they were both similar in the sense that there were only about 2 or 3 scenes that made it somewhat worth it to see the show. Because of that, I have no intention of seeing either show again. However, without the final battle scene in KA, I cannot recommend that show to anyone, since that was what ultimately made it worth sitting through the whole show. So, while I will not be seeing either show again, if I had to recommend just one of those, it would be MJ ONE.

Saw Mystere (first CDS show), and thought the baby was hilarious! So, since that guy passed away, have they removed the whole baby thing, or did someone replace him? Plan on seeing this show again sometime.

Overall, LOVE by far is my favorite CDS show. Have seen it twice already, and plan on seeing it again sometime soon. If you are not locked into choosing KA or MJ, I would definitely recommoned LOVE instead.

United States
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

rhino: they got a new guy to play the baby.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

MJ One didn't really have a lot of Cirque elements. It was more focused on video and special effects.

My two favorites are O and KA.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
782 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

I liked KA and LOVED MJ One. Like many people, I had serious issues with MJ in the later years of his life, and believe he did some messed up stuff. That being said, his music is the soundtrack to my high school years, and the money from this show is not benefitting him, since he's dead. Maybe it will help his kids get the years of therapy they will likely need. Sorry, I digress.....

I thought the show was well done, with great music and dancing and a few moments so cool I found myself sitting with my mouth agape. I've seen it twice (first time we paid, second was a comp) and really enjoyed it both times.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,486 posts
5,249 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ka or michael jackson one

We liked both....Ka is best if you like Martial ARts, Michael Jackson one if you are a Michale Jackson One fan.