We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas Tasting Menus

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas Tasting Menus

Hi there,

My husband and I are traveling to Las Vegas the weekend of Oct 31st. It will be our first trip to ourselves after having a baby last December (heck, it might be our first date night out to ourselves in many months as well!).

We are big 'foodies' and love fine dining and innovative cuisine, but with a kiddo in daycare, we don't have a ton of money for a splurge. Spending a grand on the two of us at Joe Robuchon probably isn't in the cards, but would love to treat ourselves to a great dinner or two. Any recommendations for more moderately priced tasting menus that are worth it?

TIA!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

"Any recommendations for more moderately priced tasting menus that are worth it?"

It might be useful if you tell us what "moderately priced" equates to in terms of $ and whether you have any particular food likes/dislikes.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

Let's say from $100-$200 per person... but always interested if there's a noteworthy budget deal for less than that.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

I asked a similar question, alot of responses told me charlie palmer has a set menu for $50 each

Take a peak, it changes weekly I believe.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,100 posts
1,344 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

Welcome to the TA Las Vegas forum:)

1. Several restaurants offer value priced prix fixe lunch menus

2. Look for prix fixe dinner menus associated with dinner and show promotions

3. The Charlie Palmer Cut of the Week is a good value offer

4. Top of the World at Stratosphere offers a great tasting menu with matched wines at a reasonable price for the quality, and the view

5. Look out for Groupon and other like offers

Bon apetit:)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

Probably my favorite is the 5 course tasting menu at Alize (they also have 7 course option). I think it's $110 now. My wife really enjoyed the 6 course New Orleans Tasting Menu at Country Club Grill in Wynn, maybe $100 now.

Picasso is one of the top choices, 7 course I believe, and around $150.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

Table 10 (Emeril Lagasse) at Palazzo had a spring and then a summer 4 course tasting menu in your budget. Wasn't able to try it on the last visit unfortunately so can't speak of it by experience, but looked amazing.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

If you are looking for a variety try either Julian Serrano at Aria, Jaleo at the Cosmopolitan, or Fleur at Mandaly Bay for really good tapas. There are many high end restaurants that have happy hours too, so you can sample their food without real high prices.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,100 posts
1,344 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

survey4988's suggestion re Happy Hours is a good one- several establishments offer reasonably priced and good quality tapas at their Happy Hours

Enjoy:)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

You should be able to do L'Atelier and get JR food for your price if you're careful with booze. I actually prefer L'Atelier to the big brother.

I've enjoyed the tasting menu at Scarpetta in the Cosmo. It's a LOT of food though. The two times we've done it, they've brought a couple extra courses that weren't on the menu. They're also willing to sub out dishes.

Le Cirque tasting runs about $135. Michael Mina at the Bellagio tasting runs around $115.

Aureole parallel tasting is about $100 and has always been interesting. It's worth the small upcharge for Swan Court seating.

Omakase at Yusho runs $100. It's fairly interesting but sort of expensive for the amount of food you get. Very casual atmosphere. You'd probably be better off heading off strip to Raku.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Vegas Tasting Menus

I'm gonna check out this Early Evening deal at Julian Serrano since I'm staying at Aria next week:

aria.com/sites/…JSerrano_39menu_4.30_1.pdf

No too shabby for $39.