We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off strip shopping with a cab ?

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
79 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Off strip shopping with a cab ?

We will be in Vegas in a few and we want to some shopping as well, also at some off strip places like Sears, Walmart etc

Can you do that without a problem with a cab? I mean, getting there with a cab from the Strip would probably not be a problem, but how to get back?

Can you grab a cab outside these stores?

I'm asking since those places are usually not the spots where i expect to find any cabs

Thanks for any advice

Helsingborg
Level Contributor
810 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

There are ton's of cab in Las Vegas looking for customers so there is always cabs waiting outside the Cab lines at shopping centrers, Walmarts etc. (at least the ones i've been to)

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

We always go to walmart on Eastern and there are never any cabs so we get the customer services to ring one for us but they always take a good 30 mins

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,927 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

Might be cheaper to just rent a car for a day. Also a heck of a lot less hassle. Depending on where you're staying, there is probably a rental car desk either at your hotel, or right next door.

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
132 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

The couple of times we've been shopping at the Outlet mall just south of the Strip, we've taken cabs. I will tell you that when you are ready to leave, you have to wait for a cab to show up unless someone else just got dropped off. We've been lucky, and someone was coming in pretty soon after we were ready to go. I don't believe I saw a phone outside to call a cab from. I agree with mgg42- especially if there are a couple of places you'd like to go- you might just want to rent a car for a day. I think the next time we do any shopping off-Strip- we'll be doing it to save a headache.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
79 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

Thanks for the advices

So Walmart Eastern, no cab :((((

well Rental car might be an option if you plan to do all the off strip stuff in a day or two.

I just want to avoid driving there, traffic rules are a bit different in the US than Europe though :))))

We probably will hang out most of the time on the strip or Freemont, so i planed to make all that will Deuce or SDX.

Helsingborg
Level Contributor
810 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

What are those traffic rules that are different?

nj
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

ask the taxi driver for the phone # to call when you are ready to leave.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
79 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

Fritz, one of the biggest difference is the way priorities are handled at crossings, or turn right on red light etc.

I honestly got used to it pretty quickly.

However, i first have to calm down when i'm in Vegas before i drive since driving european style in the US does cost a lot of cash :))))))))))))))))

las vegas
Level Contributor
603 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

it's off season for cabs during summer, so there are so many cabs waiting and cruising around looking for fares.typically drivers dropping off at terminal 3 will drive by walmart on eastern hoping to pick up a fare.

5-10 minutes wait if one is called for you,or you can ask the driver to pick you up when you're done shopping.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
79 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Off strip shopping with a cab ?

thank you rasecollidab :)