We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westminster MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

Have a great rate for our upcoming trip. Am rethinking renting from Dollar after reading recent reviews. Major issue is not having enough cars to fill confirmed reservations and customers being told to come back the next day...Scary, and not a way I want to start a visit to my happy place! Appreciate any help/advice. Thanks!

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,602 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

So, do you want us to tell you that they might run out of cars, or that we don't think they will run out of cars?

I can tell you either one if you just tell me which one you would like to hear.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
696 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

Did recently but not in Vegas was in Orlando. Only problem was check in was slow and I thought I had their loyalty card which I don't so had to pay extra per day to put on my spouse. Think they had run out of cars because when we got the car it had a hertz gps (which they had tried to get us to add on). I think they are sister companies.

Ali

North Carolina
Level Contributor
891 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

We rented with Dollar 2 weeks ago. We used Express and had no issues despite arriving at 7pm. However, there were only 3 cars in our reserved class to choose from but that wasn't an issue for us.

Westminster MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

Thanks aliii and g35girl. placebets, try watching a winner instead of the cellar dwelling Rangers! You'll feel better. Go O's!!!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

No problems in late june or any of the several other times I have rented here.As an express member you bypass any lineups, look for your name on the screen down at the lot level booth.Your vehicle will be in a numbered spot ready to go.No choice,but on your way quickly to the exit booth where they scan the vehicle bar code and confirm your credit card.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,857 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

It happens at all rental car companies. I mostly rent from Hertz or Avis widely regarded the top 2 rental car companies but have had it happen there, not frequently but it has.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

I rented from Dollar, using Express, July 14 - 17. We had a midsize booked at a super cheap rate(12.00 per day) and they upgraded us to a Charger which is full size I believe. No problems at all. All paper work was ready and no line at the express counter. This was about 10 in the morning.

Westminster MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

Thanks SilverStriker985, GoodBeer, and alohajune! TA members are the best!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

I like Dollar. In fact, I almost always use Dollar. Which gets me to thinking--I haven't been winning in Vegas lately. I wonder whether Dollar is the reason why and whether it's time to change car companies?

Midwest
Level Contributor
520 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dollar Express Members - Anyone Rent Recently?

Hitch...

I think you might be on to something! Please post your gambling results after you make your switch.